The Sentinel Design

what color should I use?  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yup, it looks like some weird space alien, its great.

(marksound, i was meaning matt, unless you made the pics?) Can someone do a step by step walk through for making a pic like that, i havnt got a clue. Something to do with layering transparant green/red/whatever over?

(I know) :D

I don't know for sure how the original pics were done, but I took the red body pic and erased the background. Then I copied it, chopped it up to make the headstock, then resized it to kinda fit a neck blank pic I borrowed from Warmoth. Then to make the green, I just adjusted the hue control.

I almost posted one in a tiger eye color kinda like Myka's new singlecut, but that wasn't one of the choices on the poll. :D

Hey matt I would go with a darker green. Like you just keep putting on green stain until you reach a nice dark color. I did some test peices and you can achieve a nice dark green that IMHO would look killer on this guitar. Oh and if thats the headstock your using I would recomend getting a diffrent one. That one doesn't go with your body.

Edited by Godin SD

WOW :D You guys are realy giving me alot of work HAHAHA B)

MAN marksound that's deadly I love the way it looks so real and Im loving that headstock!! it looks like a midevil mace, and that realy works with the design

!!METAL MATT!! :D

• 1 month later...

yeah,the red looks sweet,especially with some gold hardware,and a sexy young model to promote the bass...mat? lol.red is good,cause it goes with the style,blood red axe thing.sweet if u build it

Edited by whitey

what would be cool also is a mahogany body, no top, and a clear coat or whatever. You could call it the Viking and if you ever get into a fight, you could stab someone with the head, and use the body as a shield lol. im not downplaying it. i'm just being weird.

it's a really nice design.

-Jamie

what would be cool also is a mahogany body, no top, and a clear coat or whatever. You could call it the Viking and if you ever get into a fight, you could stab someone with the head, and use the body as a shield lol. im not downplaying it. i'm just being weird.

it's a really nice design.

-Jamie

Man That Idea But with BIG hand made Iron rivits and I could Cut line's To look

like Seems In a shield!! :D COOL

!!METAL MATT!!

haha now we're talking. you could also do that on an ironbird design. That would definitly make it live up to its name.

You could also have two sets of straplocks, one at the bottom and one on the top of the body behind the neck (SG style) which will be for your guitar strap and two others where you can put a really tight strap, to add that shield effect, haha. then you can carry it like a shield, or maybe even wear it somehow lol. The white dots are the straplocks to give a rough idea. one you cant see cause its like SG style.

matt1cr.jpg

oh man! IDEAS! hahaha

-Jamie

Edited by sepultura999

and a sword inlay :D

hey,i'm soory if this is promoting a site,as i sorta no the guy who runs it,but have you ever heard of ''body armour'' for guitars?

http://www.gsrguitars.co.uk/armour.htm

if you read,it gives u a link to the different kinds of metal finishes eg diamond plate,mirror chrome...wat a shield effect that would be huh?lol

haha. there is also leather or tolex, for that old fashion viking thing. oh yea! i think we got some good stuff going on here. can't wait to hear what matt thinks haha.

-Jamie

Hear's Another idea, Ok now Im thinking The sheld thing is realy cool BUT what

If for the top I used some Really weathed old wood and left it rough but sanded it smoth than did the big hand hamerd rivits put a finish on it and some old leather somewhere!!

How about that?

!!METAL MATT!!

that sounds awesome. remember you can do all of these designs, when you have time and resources of course and just give them different names under the Sentinel series.

i don't quite get what you mean by leaving it rough and sanding it smooth. do you mean just a natural finish? maybe you could have a leather back with the wooden top, then you can use chrome pickup covers, since many shields have that emblem of metal in the centre.

Check this bad boy out:

http://www.bytheswordinc.com/acatalog/Func...nt_Shields.html

it's about the 6th or 7th one down.

It would be cool maybe to have a metal trim like that one.

for alternative wood tops you could maybe use walnut. If you had a huge flow of cash maybe even ziricote or a dark rosewood. You can also do a wood stain.

I'll play around in photoshop and post one up.

EDIT: k i am terrible a photoshop. Damn it! someone wanna help me out here? walnut top, or something dark like that, humbuckers with chrome covers, and a metal trim. Then you can have the metal trim with the rivets. Make sense? How does that sound everyone? and Matt?

EDIT 2: lol. k, what about also around the pickups you have a kind of tribal design? Kind of like the sun design around the pickups on Tribal guitars. Not as big though.

-Jamie

Edited by sepultura999

801108SWEET.jpg

Ok that's what Im talking about :D

And what I mean with the sanding it smoth thing, Ya See I want It to Look old

and Battle worn so I would Use Old wood joint it glue it all up flaten out The back of it for Glueing on to The back of the body, But I would Only clean up the top A bit and put a finish On.

Now another idea, For a pickup ring I could make up something Like that stripe in the center under that dome In the link

And I like That metal trim idea man This could Be One fun guitar!!

yeah that's the one. i didn't know if that was hotlinking or not, so now you can take the heat for me B):D

I understand what you mean by the rough smooth idea. You could use maybe a mahogany with a dark stain, a nicely figured walnut, or a spalted maple with a dark stain.

you could do the straight line thing, or even just a circle and have 4 rivets in it. one at the top, bottom and both sides, or have 12 rivets (refer to the shield you posted in the center, or like a clock). I wouldn't use anything too radical for the pickup ring (like a Tribal sun ring) because the guitar is already pretty radical and too much can turn a nice piece into a POS lol.

Man i can't wait to see this! Someone has to do this one now in photoshop. I would but i'm TERRIBLE.

-Jamie :D

Edited by sepultura999

1010034OLDWOOD.jpg

This Is the Type Of wood That Im thinking Old and Gray

yeah i got the idea. really nice. you could call it Relic wood :D

seriously this sounds awesome. i can't wait to see it man

What kind of hardware are you going with?

Edited by sepultura999

that shield picture,will you have the metal trimmings round the outside?maybe some1 can manipulate the shield on photoshop and make it into the guitar os some thing?

and going with sepultura's question,will you plan on having really shiney hardware?or tarnished and maybe a bit rusted?like some1's signature les pul.it was on another forum i was on,it was a les paul,and the pickups had been''oxydised'' to synthetically rust is,and the metal circle on the pickups were rusted,and the chrome cover was tarnished a bit,any1 no wat i'm on about?its true!it wasnt dream!lol

Edited by whitey

i think that's what he's getting at. At least that's what i think would be cool. You could do that, or have the metal trim on top of the shield, and also around the sides (sort of like binding)

what about this wood? or do you want it to not have a nice figure?

figured flame maple

-Jamie

Edited by sepultura999