Body Design

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey I knew I'd seen that guitar shape somewhere before:

http://www.behringer.com/V-AMP2/index.cfm?lang=ENG

Just messing with you. It looks better now. It might look more proportionate if you brought the hips in a little, as well as trying to make the hips resemble eachother more. Don't make them symmetrical or anything, but be mindful of the subtleties of the curves. Maybe take half of the guitar, and invert it. Then place it next to the other curve to see how they differ.

psw, you got it right. PG is not about attacking, it be about real, honest input. Now, show me dat bass! I'll give you some input.

No, no doc... I mean't this guy might want to look at bass designs since they favour these kind of neckthroughs and wings...plus they got some, err unsual shapes going on!

YOU GUYS CAN FLAME MY DESIGN HERE :D

Give it to me!

Hey, hats off to Pr3 for trying something a bit different...and for taking the criticism pretty well, all things considered.

I think the last iteration of the guitar is moving into the territory of an actual viable design.

I still wonder if that upper horn won't get in the way of playing...then again, if you don't go for those upper frets all that much, that's not a big issue.

I like it that you straightened out the curve into the upper horn and deepened the curve into the gimp foot...makes it look a little less like a hamster's spam... :D

After watching this thread since the start ... I have 2 comments:

1- Holy moly, this could have degraded into a nasty battle

Kudos to the posters and Pr3Va1L for keeping the whole "we're all friends" concept in mind. THIS is why I like this forum :-)

and

2- Remember the "too many cooks spoil the broth" admonition?

Well -- you all proved that wrong, too. The design looks much better and the contributions are helping, not hindering. This is why I contributed to this forum (and need to again for this year :-)

Any of you get to Boston, I'll buy you a beer.

-- joe

Yeah, it's really starting to look like a guitar now...still not sold on the headstock, doesn't seem to have much to do with the body. Have you looked at the Samick Greg Bennett headstocks?

And there's something about the butt that's still bothers me...maybe you should find a way to capture part of the movement of the upper horn on the upper bout?

• 2 weeks later...

if I were you I'd move the lower ummm "leg rest" further to the butt. the way it is now I can imajine u'd have to strum on the fret board if you were sitting just my 2 cents