Very Cool Acrylic Guitars

I just found these on ebay. Pretty cool if you ask me. I've played a few Dillion guitars and for the money they seem nice. I didn't know they made acrylic guitars though. I have a weakness for acrylic.

Acrylic SG

Acrylic RRV

I've always thought an acrylic SG would be cool, but I hate bolt on SGs.

Well, no shielding sounds to me like it might be a touch noisy, but I just don't know.

Aside from that, it looks great, except for this little bit:

YOU SHOULDN'T THINK TOO LONG...THIS INSTRUMENT IS ONE OF A KIND AND YOU HAVE TO HAVE IT IF YOU LIKE GUITARS!!!

A. You shouldn't think too long? What kind of advice is that? Does that really portray it as the expensive, rare item that the seller wants you to believe it is?

B. If you like guitars? C'mon, man, that's like saying "if you don't buy this, all your friends won't think you're cool anymore!"

This guy has a great product, but his sales tactics could use some work.

Why is it that I seem to immediately close every auction window where the seller uses ALL CAPS TO SIMPLY DESCRIBE THE ITEM?

Damn. Take your Ritalin before typing up auctions...or get your f-ing keyboard fixed. Hell, I have a spare in the closet. ($40 to ship it though...heh heh)

From the RRV auction:

-What, exactly, is a "recording CESSION"?

- "GOOD LUCK FOT THE AUCTION!!!" Ummm.....***?

I hope with the money he makes he buys a spell-checker....and a keyboard without the caps lock stuck.

Hey- I can hope!

Agreed.

They ARE pretty cool, though, in my opinion. Can't say I have the urge to own one of my very own, but if I saw it in a store, I'd certainly take a closer peek. Neato.

Greg

I've heard that they are REALLY heavy and scratch easily.

They are pretty heavy. I had a few Kramer acrylic Baretta's in the past that made a Les Paul seem like a travel guitar.

I think it would be really cool too have one with a transparant tint on it. Like a transparant tint insted of just clear.

Most of the one's I've seen were in either red or blue. I think I even had a purple one once.