Behringer V-ampire Lx1200h?

!!METAL MATT!!

LX1200H.jpg

Ok I was just checking out the Behringer web sit for some new gear when I came

across this head And It looks realy Line 6 inspired so Im just woundering If any one has any experience with it yet, Im realy in need of a cheep Amplifier Head

But I need a CRUSH,KILL,DESTROY heavy sound.

So Is this amp for me??

!!METAL MATT!! :D

id say it is derived form the Vamp pro - the rack processor.

i have this, and it simply kicks lots of ass! ill send you clips of it if you like, matt!

id grab it for sure!

mike

i have this, and it simply kicks lots of ass! ill send you clips of it if you like, matt!

id grab it for sure!

mike

I agree. If it's anything like the pedal I'd say go for it! I have the pedal that I'm running into the poweramp in of an acoustic amp and it sounds amazing! My ears say go with a nice tube amp but my wallet says go with behringer :D

Get it.. if you don't like it, you can "run it through" with your impaler :D I've heard good things about the VAmps..

One thing you have to remember, at least in my experience, is that the sounds on the modeling units are usually best for the high gain patches.. where I think they are lacking is in that very specific area of tube overdrive, where that perfect grit and grime can only come from a tube amp.. but when you're talking about a mesa triple-rect patch or some insane-gain thing, you don't have that issue. I'd say you could make that head as brutal as you want to. Given the style you play I can't imagine you would be disappointed.

The ONLY thing i would worry about with this amp is the power.. 2x60 isn't that much in the solid state world.. It should crank plenty loud but you'll want to run it through a soundsystem if you play out where I would think.

I saw a VAmp rack on ebay the other day go for 120-130 bucks.. the other option is to get the rack module, get a 300-watt or so power amp and a couple of mid sized loud speakers and you're set.

id grab it for sure!

mike

Hey man That would Kick Ass I'd love some sound clips!! :D

Get it.. if you don't like it, you can "run it through" with your impaler  I've heard good things about the VAmps..

One thing you have to remember, at least in my experience, is that the sounds on the modeling units are usually best for the high gain patches.. where I think they are lacking is in that very specific area of tube overdrive, where that perfect grit and grime can only come from a tube amp.. but when you're talking about a mesa triple-rect patch or some insane-gain thing, you don't have that issue. I'd say you could make that head as brutal as you want to. Given the style you play I can't imagine you would be disappointed.

The ONLY thing i would worry about with this amp is the power.. 2x60 isn't that much in the solid state world.. It should crank plenty loud but you'll want to run it through a soundsystem if you play out where I would think.

I saw a VAmp rack on ebay the other day go for 120-130 bucks.. the other option is to get the rack module, get a 300-watt or so power amp and a couple of mid sized loud speakers and you're set.

Well Im likeing what im hearing I just gave Hell Music a call and Terry (my go to guy) just tryed one at some music gear show and He's a fellow Metal head and he was realy happy with it He did complane about the power but he said it should be great for what I need it for! and dam for 325.00-CAN I think im going for it B)

If any one else has any more info feal free to weigh in

also what's going to be my best cabinet options with this head Im thinking a powerd 4X10 what do you guys think?? are the Behringer CAB's any good?

No clue about behringer cabs.. The price is right.. they would probably do for the time being.. You could always switch out speakers as time went on. The speaker and electronics gurus can answer better how to get the most volume out of the thing.. with your power output, i'm sure the number and combination of speakers you choose will be important.

Well I all ready have Two In my Randall Snake skin CAB So If I do go with a Behringer CAB maybe I could change them out!

Hear's my Opitions Im not sure which one Im better suited too

HELP Im an electronics DOOF!!

http://www.behringer.com/V-AMPIRE-POWER-PA...ex.cfm?lang=ENG

http://www.behringer.com/V-AMPIRE-POWER-PA...ex.cfm?lang=ENG

ok, matt - i mailed you a link of 1 clip - here it is for the benefit of others, with a few more clips to let ya hear!

http://www.allbarkleys.plus.com/7%20string.mp3

recorded with no post effects - all vamp. that was the 7 string i built and sold on the recording. no bass guitar. 10 - 56 or 60??

http://www.allbarkleys.plus.com/A.mp3

recorded with 11-70's on my LP kit. alnico pups with treble booster. vamp again - with bass guitar.

http://www.allbarkleys.plus.com/becker.mp3

a composition i wrote for A level music - a pastiche of Jason becker.

recorded with 8-38's on my RR V which i built - motherbuckers. vamp again!!

some sloppy playing :D but you get the general idea. hopefully that riff in A will tickly your fancy matt! it aint death metal granted, but anyway!

Mike

Hey man Thanks, God now Im realy wanting that DAM AMP HEAD

That's It Im going for it And why Not It's my Birthday in a few days

Im going go down And have terry order one in so that I can do a bit of (try and buy!)

Still not to sure on the CAB's anyone?

Hey man If I buy this AMP I WILL :D

So How much Was the Cab? Im going To be paying 325.00-CAD Just for the Head

:D

And What CAB did You go with?

Well Straight form Behringer They want 329.99$ Im paying About the same hear

at HELL music

Godin Where Did you find You price? Maybe I can go through them

Well Straight form Behringer They want 329.99$ Im paying About the same hear

at HELL music

Godin Where Did you find You price? Maybe I can go through them

Music123.com has it for 199.. they also have it as b-stock in their outlet for 169

yep, thats where I priced it out...

That's still about 210-220USD depending on the ex rate.

And the site he posted is cheaper at 149 Euro

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=12564

Now, what do I think about it.

I think that its under powered, if you are interested in the effects with an amp it is a nice package for the price.