black sparkle??

no, the candy apple red and colours like that have a special liquid in them that causes the glitter to sit at different angles so that it reflects light

I know to make it here but in the UK is a different story........Here you can get two different kinds of sparkle to go over the black.

One is a prism effect for more of a holo graphic wave of rainbow color, the other is just sparkles in your choice of red, chrome or blue in the craft section of most retail hobbie stores with a clear base to it.

Guest AlexVDL

My motorcycle is painted in metallic black sparkle. As far as I know it's just a standard color which you can find at any car paint shop/store thing :D

I'll post a pic of my bike when I found a recent pic.

B)

I just saw the exact paint your looking for at the automotive place this weekend.. when I was buying my blue paint... It's a three part paint though.. not sure how it works.. but you have to buy 3 cans of that stuff.. the last one is clear coat lacquer... not sure what the other 2 exactly did... lol... It was made by Plasti-Kote and looked neat but I figured I'd leave it alone since this would be my first paint job... anyway, I'll research this and try to find out exactly what it's called and hopefully find a link for you soon...

Try this link first.. maybe something your interested in...

http://www.plastikote.com/plastikote/auto/...duct=MetalFlake

If you click on the Colors link below the picture to the left... you can get it in Black Metal Flake.. which is way cool... This one appears to be only one can and has lacquer in it.. which is a plus.. you got me wanting to buy some now.. but I didn't see that kind in the store.. but I bet they had it.. they had tons... lol.. I'm still trying to find the 3 coat one I seen at the auto store.. Good Luck though

Matt

no, the  candy apple red and colours like that have a special liquid in them that causes the glitter to sit at different angles so that it reflects light

As far as I know, Fender made Candy Apple Red back in the old days using translucent red over gold metallic lacquer.

I'm not sure how they do it now, but my "Midnight Wine" Strat seems to be painted this way, too.

you can get it in Black Metal Flake..

... what i'm looking for is similar but the 'flakes' are a whole lot smaller.

i got metallic blue which has got glitter in it but i can't find the same but with black paint.

thanks though....LOL :D

If you listened to my first post I said that they do have the exact paint your looking for.. but goes on in 3 different coats.. thus it's even labeled on the cans 1of3.. etc.. I just thought you meant the Metal Flake because it's just in one can... and you said you wanted just one can... As far as I know there is no way to do that with just one can.. .. but I'll keep looking for it.. I know Plasti-Kote makes it in the 3 part can series.... I just looked at it the other day in the autoparts place... I'll be going back this afternoon and try to find the exact name and numbers off of it.. and will post it on here later...