New Petrucci Neckthrough Prototypes

feylya

Why not make it with a tremolo like Petrucci plays, it looks as if all of them are hardtails.

So far I like it, don't like the fact that it is 22 frets instead of 24 and that the cutout in the bottom starts at the 19th fret ( I would have prefered at least on the top of the 22, and on the Petrucci is at the top of the 24th.

If you are EBMM and are making a prototype of a guitar that it's a staple on your brand, it should be done exact.

Why not make it with a tremolo like Petrucci plays, it looks as if all of them are hardtails.

So far I like it, don't like the fact that it is 22 frets instead of 24 and that the cutout in the bottom starts at the 19th fret ( I would have prefered at least on the top of the 22, and on the Petrucci is at the top of the 24th.

If you are EBMM and are making a prototype of a guitar that it's a staple on your brand, it should be done exact.

But this is John Petrucci's new guitar. This is the guitar he will be playing on tour. There already is a 24 fret, 25.5" scale JP sig with a tremolo. This will be his new 22 fret, 24.75" neck through model.

to me..a flying v is the most comfortable shape to play.

This is the 1st time I dissagree with you, I hate the feel of the V's, but I play sitting most of the time... I love the shape thought.

ever see a metal band on stage playing sitting down?i NEVER sit down to play,except acoustic.

as a result,i don't play well sitting down.so a v is perfect

I actually find the flying V the most comfy guitar to play sitting down, then again i sorta have shoulder problems from back in my baseball days, even playing my classical makes my shoulder hurt so for me the V is the ultimate

MzI

This is the 1st time I dissagree with you, I hate the feel of the V's, but I play sitting most of the time... I love the shape thought.

ever see a metal band on stage playing sitting down?i NEVER sit down to play,except acoustic.

Just last night I saw Hetfield sitting down while playing.

It happens

It happens

on an acoustic,you mean?that is the only time i have ever seen hetfield play sitting down on stage.he used to play gibson vees as well as explorers.i wonder if he still does when not on stage endorsing esp?

It happens

on an acoustic,you mean?that is the only time i have ever seen hetfield play sitting down on stage.he used to play gibson vees as well as explorers.i wonder if he still does when not on stage endorsing esp?

Nope, they were playing like "Search and Destroy" or somesuch. It was in the Some Kind of Monster extras. He was playing an ESP Explorer.

He plays a lot of Les Pauls on stage.

I'm indifferent to the Petrucci guitars. The Axis is a good body shape, though. I think EBMM have done a few decent shapes. The Albert Lee one is a kick, too. <chuckle>

Greg

part of me is falling for it, but without that beauty of a trem and 24.75" - no chance mait!

im actually thinking of going all non-trem, but the trem on that is soo good it would be silly to not put it on! you have gotta try em out!

Mike

It happens

Nope, they were playing like "Search and Destroy" or somesuch. It was in the Some Kind of Monster extras. He was playing an ESP Explorer.

He plays a lot of Les Pauls on stage.

i still would like to see that video...i guess i need to buy it.

i meant i wonder if he still plays his old gibsons off stage.i assume his endorsement contract won't let him play them on stage.

I reckon he would wes... but of course thats just a hunch.

Off topic, but speaking of hetfield off stage, I still cannot beleive that zakk wylde spat at hetfield and told him to "get off my godamn bus" or somesuch... I know it was a while back now... but still!

Meh, Its probably just a unsubstantiated rumour, but you never know :D

- Dan

• 11 months later...

looks great and like the neck through addition, but as previously mentioned dont like the fact i dosent have 24 frets and that its a hardtail (without pezio) also i dont like the back angled head stock which suggest it wont have locking tunners

can anyone tell if the binding it plastic or maple? imho maple is way better for binding, it looks better and when using it on the neck you dont have to cut the tangs off

Edited by George Brown