Finally Done, Again... =)

That Dali clock reminds me of the Munch's Scream.....;-)

And yeah, spending little more time on headstock with maybe adding nice Wenge fineer could really make this guitar shine.

10-Express_Munch_The-Scream.jpg

Darn......all this peer pressure. :D

Edited by RGGR

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I could tell you all how I tried it with a darker wood headstock and auccually like the lighter wood more but you would just call me a liar and say I had no idea what I was diong so whats the point.

Hey Godin, don't take any of this too bad --it's your own fault for being so damn good, people are just pushing you to be even better, that's all...

Well I could tell you all how I tried it with a darker wood headstock and auccually like the lighter wood more but you would just call me a liar and say I had no idea what I was diong so whats the point.

Hey Godin, don't take any of this too bad --it's your own fault for being so damn good, people are just pushing you to be even better, that's all...

I'm taking it the wrong way. I'm just saying that I'm building these guitars and I'm going too make them the way I wan't them. The only thing I was mad about is Wes thinks I'm a big liar and is totally trashing my reputation.

it's your own fault for being so damn good

There I would have to disagree with you :D:DB)

Edited by Godin SD

I wouldn't say Wes is "totally trashing your rep". If anything, it gave you a chance to respond to what many of us were thinking. I was ALSO thinking, "yeah right, as if you'd do that on purpose" and you've now gotten the chance to publicly state that you did.

If you DID, though, I think you're a nutbar. Having them evenly spaced really would have been better. :D

Greg

The only thing I was mad about is Wes thinks I'm a big liar and is totally trashing my reputation.

i said it was very nice work other than that tuner...but yes i think you are just putting on a charade.but that is just what i believe.and i still believe it.so what?

I dont see why there was a need to get confrontational about it. Its really not a big deal at all :D

Even IF it is a charade, why drag it up? Its such a small issue, and im sure that if he did make an error there, he wont do it again, regardless of whether anyone tries to make a fool of him on these boards.

- Dan

I think the best way to figure out if its a charade or not is too watch all his guitars with that headstock from now on, it will be interesting to see if he changes his mind about them.

Also, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and I smell a rat!

Please take note, there is a rat or two in my ceiling, and I ain't telling which I'm refering too.

i am not trying to make a fool of anyone.that is just honestly what i believe.i have no ill will and i don't really even care.i just find the story to be very flimsy.like judge judy says.."if it doesn't make sense,then it probably isn't the truth".

i just have a "need" to speak my belief..even if it is not popular

but i REALLY don't care.i think godin does very nice work,aside from that tuner.i have always been impressed with his originality and craftsmanship...especially at his age.

when i was that age i didn't even have the patience to build a model car...i didn't calm down enough to build ANYTHING properly until i was about 25 or so.

i think when godin reaches 25 he will be very,very good indeed.i would like to see a more playable design(better upper fret access,smaller more comfortable looking body...etc)but that is all personal preference anyway.

i am not trying to make a fool of anyone.that is just honestly what i believe.i have no ill will and i don't really even care.i just find the story to be very flimsy.like judge judy says.."if it doesn't make sense,then it probably isn't the truth".

but i REALLY don't care.i think godin does very nice work,aside from that tuner.i have always been impressed with his originality and craftsmanship...especially at his age.

when i was that age i didn't even have the patience to build a model car...i didn't calm down enough to build ANYTHING properly until i was about 25 or so.

i think when godin reaches 25 he will be very,very good indeed.i would like to see a more playable design(better upper fret access,smaller more comfortable looking body...etc)but that is all personal preference anyway.

dude you are my hero, thats exactly what I wanted to say, but couldn't be bothered typing. we need more people like you.

I understand all the sentiments here....just like to see a little balance and more give and take...who knows what Judge Judy get's up to in her own home....hmmm.

Look there's always a bit of Ego here...especially when they're prepared to hang their arses out for a bit of a spanking...why else post stuff if you dont want to invite admiration...but you got to accept a bit of critiscism...and most people seek it.

I'd just like you'all to consider that the harder you push someone, the more defensive they'll get and perpetuate the whole Litch phenomenon too. I agree...there's a lot of wannabe's but I don't consider Godin SD to be one of them.

The guy has done some nice work...shown some originality...and of course there's ego there, but...unlike a lot of guys, he's actually prepared to do something. Remember, this is a revisit of his first instruments...not bad, and certainly not what I'd call a wannabe BS artist of the variety Drak is refering to (although we do have our fair share Drak, I don't think Godin SD is one of them...as far as Guitarbuilding, I might be one of them...they never seem to turn out that well)

On the hand...your putting your ego to the test when you post stuff. Some people seem to get hooked on their own fan club of supporters. Beware...if you put your ego out there it's going to get bruised...and rightly so. I think a little moderation in the accusations though is in order...I don't think Godin SD requires the big stick but I see plenty who do but don't get a wimper...hmmm.

On the design...sorry Godin SD...mistake or intentional...it does look a little out of wack IMHO...but pretty good/close nevertheless. BTW: Westhemann probably really thinks any shape without straight sides flaring out to the back looks a little Daliesque :D but to be fair he did say as much in his first criticism...I just think the whole BS/charade stuff was enticing defensiveness.

I know the feeling...I've had all kinds of critisism of my work on the Sustainer thread. I've had E-mails and PM's saying I'm a fraud, that it's crap, and what appears to be fairly blatent rip offs trying to emulate my work on other sites without any reference to my own work. Well, Man...ouch...it hurts. But that's the price for hanging your arse out to get slapped.

My point is that some arses require more of a slap than others and you got to be carefull you don't help breed another Litch or make yourself out to be some kind of PG God yourself (not that anyone is....yet...except, well, perhaps me)!

A lot of people join in here for a sense of approval...so...you just have to be carefull that everybody doesn't jump in on your bandwagon once it get's rolling. A lot of guys here get a kind of celeberaty status and a lot of impressionable people (and not just young newbies either) are all too keen to jump in on a blood sport thread to appease those they seek the respect of...the PG Gods. It's those guys you got to watch...not guys like Godin SD who has clearly actually produced something of some quality.

Anyway...just my 2 cents plus interest...at least it wasn't another v (only kidding) :D

Cool Wes... I won't quite say your my hero (:D), but I can appreciate where your coming from now.

Drak - I seen you give this sort of speech a number of times and I get where your coming from (and I should add, most of the time I think its good that you and Wes are so blunt), but given what you have said here, it seems a bit unfair to apply that line of thinking to Godin just because of some horrible precedents that have come before him. Godin has shown a good deal of humility and patience about his work so far hasn't he? Not to mention his guitar is pretty shmick.

- Dan

Yup. It's too late for him to be another Litch because he's already proven that he has what it takes to:

a ) produce a finished product of no small quality

b ) as psw mentioned, he HAS revisited past mistakes to fix them, and even if the machine head isn't one of them, at least he hasn't totally ignored the urge to improve past work

Greg

NO WAY would I put Godin & Litch in the same sentence (....oh crap, I just did...well, you know what i mean... :D ).

No one should really be on this board for any (main) purpose other than for learning about building...if you happen to get approval from this forum, it is because you've managed to do something correctly and in a way that most PG denizens approve of (and that is a pretty wide street). That by itself doesn't mean you can't try to color outside the lines...after all, there is a lot of artistry in guitar building and beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

So Godin....what did you choose for the refinish? Did you finish the coco neck or leave it raw?

Just imagine a newbie reading all this. He (or she) would just crap his/her pants and run like sh*t...... :D

Oh, man....... :D

And see that Godin has bit of a Catch 22 on his hands.

I mean if after all the comments he decides to fix the headstock (what can be easily done, imho)....he proves that his first comments were complete BS. But if just for this (or ego) reasons he doesn't fix it.....he just has to live with all the rememberance of all comments given to him about the headstock everytime he looks at it.

Litch is well and gone, but I have seen at least 1/2 dozen members since his time that weighed in as a heavyweight when they were nothing but losers and beginner wannabes all along, and if no one ever questioned their methods or tactics, they might have pulled it off and hosed everyone with their BS.

Oh, and yeah consider myself beginner wannabee as have posted my fare share of BS, and still haven't finished my first guitar.

Drak - I seen you give this sort of speech a number of times and I get where your coming from (and I should add, most of the time I think its good that you and Wes are so blunt), but given what you have said here, it seems a bit unfair to apply that line of thinking to Godin just because of some horrible precedents that have come before him.

drak is just giving an example of why it is best to try to promote complete honesty about even the little details.i don't believe he was specifically talking about godin..and i for sure would not discredit godin's work because of this little questionable issue.

i will say it again...i like godin's work.it is VERY nice,especially given his level of experience.and saying it reminded me of the melting clock is a compliment.i LIKE the melting clock.

i just have never seen godin admit to a mistake of any kind yet...and since we all make them,it is only fair to talk about them.

but whether that was a mistake or in fact just a personal choice as godin says,who cares anymore?

i just stated my opinion and it has gotten a bit blown out of proportion.and for the record,i see nobody downing godin in the least...mostly this is just a philosophical debate.

but to be clear

godin,you are doing good work...keep it up...you will only get better and i think soon you will be a true artist...i can't wait to see your first piece that rivals myka or rhoads.i think you WILL get there

and those of you that know me know i don't blow smoke up anyone's hind end.this is what i believe

I mean if after all the comments he decides to fix the headstock (what can be easily done, imho)....he proves that his first comments were complete BS.

i don't think so at all.that would prove nothing.everyone is entitled to change a design at any time they want.wait until you see my latest creation...so many transformations that i have been working on it for almost two years...and all due to the biggest collection of mistakes in history :D