Pictures Of My Hand Made

hey,i'm only 16 and i have built 1 and 3 quarter basses,thats so cool! lol

http://photobucket.com/albums/y103/madskaterfc/my%20guitars/

the first picture is an epiphone...so...leave that one out lol

the next 4,is made from alder with a (sqaure)maple neck,not done making it.its gonna be a 6 string j-bass

and the rest of the pics,its a uniquely shaped bass lol.made from maple,with a danish oil finish,just waiting till tomorrow so i can put the final coating on,dunno wat else to say,s'pose you guys could ask me anything.

:D :D

Edited by whitey

Paris Hilton no es buena. :D

Good-looking work so far! I like the way the more 'standard-looking' P/J-style bass is coming along. With a bit of planning, you could surely get a more snug-fitting control cavity made, no?

Keep it up, and keep coming around here! Always good to see new people. :D

Paris Hilton no es buena.

on the contrary...i think she is sexy as all hell.i didn't used to think that,but she has really grown on me.i think she gained about 5 pounds,and that made her stunning indeed.

besides...i think if she were your woman,you would be very happy with the way she looks.

i'm gona start work on the neck today,and i'll post a picture up when i have finished the first stage,the ony thing that i think i will mess up is where the bridge goes in conjunction with the fretboard,and the frets themselves,i have found this site were it does calculations for you,called ''fret calculater''.but it doesnt give me a detailed size were i should put my bridge,anyone know were there is a tutorial? oh,and seee the upper/long horn on the first bass?i just put the straplock on,and the distance between the fretboard and straplock,is 1cm!thats some unplanned work!lol

and i'm not shure what pickups i'm gonna use yet on the 6 string,but there defiantly going to be emg's,as the have the ''quick connect'' plug things,no soldering needed!lol

and yeah,paris rules,she is,with no argument,the hottest female to stick her hand up a cows but...ever!lol.i was going to have a matching sig,but this forum doesnt allow it,oh well lol

em...i just had an idea,and it would be easyer to get,as were i come from rosewood is international,mdoesnt grow in my country,hard to get,and another wood i was thinking of using,for my fretboard,would be...spalted maple?would that be a good choice?i mean sound wise?its only gor the fretboard,the necks maple,but spalt maple for the fretboard,it looks good,easy to work with,i'm just wondering if it will be weak?cause i'm shure i read that spalted maple is maple,but it has been decaying,thats what all the marks are on it?

anyway,good idea or not?

oh,and greg..why is ur avator giving me the finger?isnt that the monster from mcdonalds?

hehe

Edited by whitey

Welcome to the forum...nice work so far.

Like Greg said, next time I would use a template to rout out the recess for the cavity cover, and make a matching template for the cover itself. That variable-width gap around the cover is one of those examples of stuff that turns an OK project into a really good one.

On the J bass I also would not have put the neck screws that close to the edge of the neck heel...I'd worry about the wood splitting when you insert the screws. Maybe 1/4" more toward the center next time.

Paris...nice for a visit, wouldn't want to live there.

You're allowed to have a signature, just keep it small and keep it text-only with no links. :D

I bet that Paris is simply the hottest FAMOUS person to have stuck her hand up a cow's arse. Somewhere out there at some point in time has been a farmer's daughter that's hotter than hot could possibly be, that has had to stick her hand up a cow's butt. Or a mega-hot veterinarian. B)

The bridge location is measured according to the saddles. Move the highest string (on a standard 5-string, the G) forward in its 'adjustability' as far as it'll go, and then measure the distance from the nut to this saddle. It should be equal to your scale length.

So if you're doing a 34" scale bass, position your bridge so that the G string is 34" away from the nut, having already moved it forward (toward the nut) along its range of adjustment.

Grimace is indeed the monster from McDonald's. He is NOT giving the finger, that's just an artifact of the size-reduction algorithm. :D

Greg

''So if you're doing a 34" scale bass, position your bridge so that the G string is 34" away from the nut, having already moved it forward (toward the nut) along its range of adjustment.

''

wow greg,that helps a lot,now it all makes sense and makes planin a lot easier,its going to be a 35 inch,

i never actually made the body on the 6 string,just some of the neck

i just put it together a few mins ago,playin it now :D lol

post-9105-1118153307.jpg

and thanks for the welcome,i've been on the projectguitar homepage a lot,but never knew there was a forum lol

Edited by whitey

Whereas most of us forget there's a main page. :D

The 'staggering' on a bridge, when you've adjusted the intonation, is to compensate for the fact that fretting a string can pull the note sharp to varying degrees. Since it's ALWAYS pulled sharp, the saddle never needs to be adjusted to be closer to the nut than the scale length. It will only ever be moved back.

In practice, when everything's intonated, you might find that your G isn't actually the one closest to the nut anymore; however, as long as scale length is measured with at least one of the saddles as far forward as it'll go, you'll be fine. I know on a guitar, the high E tends to the be one that needs the least compensation, so it's recommended to measure using the high E.

I'm not so sure that on a bass it's ALWAYS going to be the "G", but like I said, as long as the measurement is done with at least one of the saddles all the way (or most of the way-- some people like to give themselves a millimetre or two of wiggle room to compensate for potential minor errors) forward, it'll all work out.

Greg

and now you have confused me again lol,but i do have it sorted no,took down some rough notes and stages,i have it all worked out in theory now,just the practise to go lol

so wood spalted maple be good for a fretboard,i no its the same as maple,so it shouldnt be a problem?

and now you have confused me again lol,but i do have it sorted no,took down some rough notes and stages,i have it all worked out in theory now,just the practise to go lol

There's always the danger of 'too much information'. I always forget that not everyone needs to know "why"; some people just want to know "how". :D

There's always the danger of 'too much information'. I always forget that not everyone needs to know "why"; some people just want to know "how". :D

sometimes to truly understand the "how"...you must first understand the "why"

yeah,but it has been treated,and must be strenthened,and its been sealed,anyway,never mind,i have managed to get in contact with some,and i can either get an ebony,pre slotted,or either brazilion or indian rosewood,i'm going for the rosewood i think,thanks for all the help guys,much appreciated,nice to talk to guitarists who actually no a thing or two,rather than my usual crowd of''i play squire and greenday rules''god dam hate them eople lol,anyway,thanks for the help