John 5 Acoustic?

Bigtommyb

Hey guys - Not sure if anyone has seen it but the John 5 Acoustic. Anyone tryed it? is it any good? ive ordered it anyway just want to see if ive just wasted my money (i can always return it) but for other guitars at the £300 price range seemed my best buy.

fender-john-5.jpg

Oh and i coulnt test it as its over in london and i cant get there without spending a fortune.

T

it may be me, but i find that electric/acoutics lack something that acoustics have in terms of sound. i say buy an acoustic you like and add the piezo system on it.

-Jamie

well i dont have that much money, and all the electro acoustics for £300 that i can try just dont scream "PLAY ME!!" and that 1 i stumbled over, ive heard mixed reviews about fender, but i like the shape (virtually the same as the Ibanez EP7 vais signature acoustic) but half the price and different woods. i will tell you what its like when i get it, but i asumed it would have some quality to it being his signature guitar.

I dont mind the 5 as its nothing offending, and quite tastful. and if i ever 4get what the number 5 is! :D The headstock i think is still very odd but i can live with it.

T

Thought i would throw in its specification too

Specifications:

* MODEL NAME: J5 (Special Edition)

* MODEL NUMBER: 095-8801-006

* COLORS: (006) Black

* TOP: Solid Spruce

* BACK AND SIDES: Laminated Premium Mahogany

* FINGERBOARD: Rosewood

* NECK: Mahogany

* BRIDGE: Rosewood with Compensated Saddle

* MACHINE HEADS: Black, (Die-Cast)

* ELECTRONICS: Fender/Fishman® Classic 4™ Active On-Board Preamp which Features: Volume,Bass,Mid,Treble,Body (Mid-Sweep),Low Battery Indicator Light

* FINISH: Gloss,(Polyurethane)

* SCALE LENGTH: 25.3" (643mm)

* BODY DEPTH: 3.3" (Front), 3.58" (Rear)

* WIDTH AT NUT: 1.69" (43mm)

* STRINGS: Fender 60L Phosphor Bronze, p/n 0730060003,Gauges .012 to .052

* SERIES: JG Series

* BODY STYLE: Super Folk Cutaway Acoustic / Electric

* NO. OF FRETS: 20

* WIDTH AT HEEL: 2.24" (57mm)

* UNIQUE FEATURES: Chrome Pickguard,White Dot Position Inlay,3-Over/3-Under Modified Tele XII Headstock Shape,Matching Painted Headstock

Do you want an acoustic to just have fun on or for performence? Have you considered yamahas? I find yamahas make very decent guitars for the price. What about the Ibanez TCY10 Talman?

Edited by sepultura999

haha. well i only had £300 that was my main problem and that guitar is supposed to retail at around £450-500. That instantly made it one of my best options... also im very picky on my guitars looks. I know, i know its not how it looks its how it sounds and plays but, im hoping that comes with it being a signature guitar.

It will be for performance as well (eventually) and possibly recording (depending on sound obviously). So thats another reason for looks.

Well its gonna arrive in the next few days (probably tuesday) so i will sit have a play and tell you what its like. Only sound samples i would be able to do would be DI into my comp as i dont have a decent mic at home.

Thanks for you input!

T

So - ive got it and the verdict is...... its great!

Well i think it is, the mirror scratch plate looks a bit tacky as it looks more like bashed metal. The headstock looks soooo much better in real life. ok now sound, its not the greatest sounding acoustic on the market but didnt expect that for 300....

well i think 300 is a good price for it still... it brings out the mids alot, but i dont mind that i quite like it, but its made to be plugged in! sounds brilliant. So if u just want something to practice on, i recommend it but if ur looking for a top or the range (non plugged) sounding instrument then get something else.

T