Top Ferrules...

Ok, i know allparts sells them, but i don't wanna pay 20$ shipping for 6$ of stuff :D

who else has them?

what else can i use?

how can i just not use some?

now i was thinking... how does Godin do it?

godin.jpg

they seem to make an angled hole right to the back ferrule (or so i think...) Hell, they even have a recessed ToM.

now, if i can make the angle right, that should work no? is it actually feasable? Or maybe i could simply make my own ferrules... (washers? :D)

thanks...

All the Godins I've seen had a straight hole and a ferrule. If you do a search there were some great threads about this with a bunch of alternatives, some cheap and some not. My favorite unconventional solution is a brass tube lining the inside of the hole, cut flush and beveled/polished. It's very stealth.

I have the LG and I'm looking at it right now. It does, indeed, seem to use tubing and not ferrules. It's set a little bit below the surface of the wood, though, so the strings actually dig a bit into the wood. :D Wonder why they didn't just make it flush?

Greg

I have the LG and I'm looking at it right now.  It does, indeed, seem to use tubing and not ferrules.  It's set a little bit below the surface of the wood, though, so the strings actually dig a bit into the wood.  :D  Wonder why they didn't just make it flush?

Greg

i guess it dosen't really matter... even if it digs a little, it can't dig anymore than where the tubing is...

wont the tubbing cut the string??

unless its ben rounded off alot i guess

Pr3Va1L, that godin you pictured, i bet with a few jigs you and easily do that with a dremel, thats really neat looking in deed

Curtis

i guess it dosen't really matter... even if it digs a little, it can't dig anymore than where the tubing is...

Right, but it seems to me that somewhere along the way in their manufacturing process, it couldn't have been a difficult step to just choose slightly longer tubing or a slightly deeper slot. Just one of those 'attention to detail' things and not a show-stopper. I love my LG. :D

Search function schmearch function. If that's all we ever did, there would never be any new threads to read. :D

Greg