My First Guitar

Thank you guys !!

the guitar plays great it has very powerfull sound with that D sonic picup and lots of sustain i like it :D

!!METAL MATT!! - the blak inlay at the bridge is ebony sawdust mixed with epoxy .

Pott- the wings were 40X20X5 cm . and there is neck angle but i dont remember the correct number . i drew side view blueprint and found the angle using the bridge height.

i hope you can see the angle in this pic .

100_2753.jpg

That's very nice. I've always wanted a mockingbird, but I'm not a great fan of the stock BCrich pickups. What're the advantages of a neckthrough over a bolt on? I assume both could be painted and clear-coated, and the neckthrough could have the back of the neck painted all in one to give a consistent finish. This looks so good I fancy having a go myself (isn't that the whole point of this forum :D )

:D

Look at some high-end basses for dead-obvious neck-through. Heck, this month's guitar of the month (or bass, as the case may be). The neck extends all the way down the body, with 'wings' glued on the sides to create the actual body. Set necks are, well, set necks. More similar to bolt ons than to neck throughs, in that they actually have a joint between neck and body, as opposed to, well, having the body tacked onto the sides of the neck. That's oversimplifying things oodles, natch.

Yeah I knew basically what they were, it's just I asked what the advantages of a through-neck were and got :

set necks give more sustain, that looks awesome

Which kinda confused me :D

In terms of tone (with some decent vintage duncans in it) would you notice much difference between a bolt on and a through-neck Mockingbird ?