New Design Or Old Design

!!METAL MATT!!

Should I stay with the body design as-is Or mod it to the new design  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

New design

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/ZAD...CLAWSSsmall.jpg

Old design

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/ZAD...ITARS/Claw7.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/ZAD...ITARS/Claw4.jpg

Ok I can fix the purpleheart body and Leave It close To it's oreriganal design

Or I could Cut the glue flaw out and Use the new design

But Im not sure How it will efect the look of it I would lose alot of the maple lines

What do you think?

Im sure to hear from wes :D

!!METAL MATT!!

I FEAR THE W.O.D

Hey Matt - I like both designs, and I'd say you had the right idea from the start:

1. keeping the purpleheart V the way it is (although not having seen the glue line flaw you mention I'm not quite sure I'm making sense)...

I love this body the way it is... B)

Claw4.jpg

...and...

2. ...using your newest design for the oak V. If you keep its sides angular and thick enough it won't look anything like the Bastard V :D

2%20Bastard%20V%20black%20sun%20-%2012-10-04.jpgTHENEWCLAWSSsmall.jpg

Not much in common, really - the Moser is an HR Giger nightmare, and yours is actually quite understated in comparison :D :D

I prefer the original...and I imediately thought I'd seen the side cuts somewhere before...now I know where...but I'm sure I've seen something less extreme than these two examples.

Anyway...prefer the first...but then it's a V isn't it, Wes...so what would I know!! :D

Well There's No denying That It's Bastard V Looking But It does not really bug Me Because It's Not a flat out RIPOFF I mean Look at fender and well Almost EVERY other guitar out there Is stratish looking :D

Neal's work Is more evil Biological creature looking and mine Is more

TEAR"EN"SHRED YOUR GUT'S OUT wicked blade looking

Simmaler But very different at the same time

!!METAL MATT!! :D

I FEAR THE W.O.D

Guest AlexVDL

I modified the model a bit, and I really like this... too bad you can't do it with the exsisting body :D

I moved the back part a bit back because your design looks like there isn't much space for the bridge and pickups. I used the push option in paint shop pro and it automatically gave the body two more little horns on the back, like vampire teeth. I like it hehehe :D

vee3.jpgTHENEWCLAWSSsmall.jpg

Cool Ya know What I think when I see that BASS guitar, CRAP I NEED MORE WOOD!! :D

I FEAR THE W.O.D

I like the first one better........I could be biased though :D  :D

Hey man How Ya doing?

Ya I guess You could be Biased B)

I FEAR THE W.O.D

Doin good thanks- in either case, nice work B)

Thanks man!! :D

Hey Matt,

I definately like your new design but I think it deserves a body all it's own. Some new crazy combo of woods that you put together, like you've been doing, but something you haven't done. You seem to be great at putting these great designs into the wood of the body itself.

But as for the one you have I say leave it alone to be finished. With your talened woodworking abilities I'm sure you can come up with a solution to your problem and nobody would know anything about it. Anyways good luck in either way you go. I'm sure it will all work out as long as you don't let the W.O.D get to it! Jason

Hey Matt,

I definately like your new design but I think it deserves a body all it's own.  Some new crazy combo of woods that you put together, like you've been doing, but something you haven't done. You seem to be great at putting these great designs into the wood of the body itself.

But as for the one you have I say leave it alone to be finished.  With your talened woodworking abilities I'm sure you can come up with a solution to your problem and nobody would know anything about it.  Anyways good luck in either way you go.  I'm sure it will all work out as long as you don't let the W.O.D get to it!                  Jason

Ya I Might just do that man I made Up a full size wood template Of the new design and Of the old design And I have to say That I really like The both of them I really think that these two design's Are My best work yet!!

Ya I Might just do that man I made Up a full size wood template Of the new design and Of the old design And I have to say That I really like The both of them I really think that these two design's Are My best work yet!!

!!METAL MATT!! canadaflag.gif

I think all your work is exceptional, but these are definately some of your best! Good luck with the both of them and if you have the time maybe you could do a short tutorial on your body building methods, they are most excellent! Keep it up! Jason