Do You Think This Guitar Is Any Good?

TenderSurrender

check out jackson or esp's you'll like them all better than a ibanez. Ibanez was my favorite untill i wrapped my hands around a Jackson DK1 or soloist. The LTD's from ESP are very nice like the MH302 or MH400

I agree Jacksons and ESP's are nice but i *personally* prefer Ibanez... A while back i contemplated a Jackson but 'something' wasnt quite rite... not sure what but there was something...

Never really looked into ESP's...i beleive Metallica guitarist uses them? but to be honest just because somebody famous uses a guitar... i find that it rarley influences me to a stage of having to get a certain guitar...i get what *i* want...

"The LTD's from ESP are very nice like the MH302 or MH400"...

Arent LTD's the lower range of ESP... Like Squire is to Fender?

Thanks for your help so far

~~ Slain Angel ~~

ESP is made in Japan and LTD or made in Korea. Yeah metallica uses them. Alot of people are starting to use the LTD, and ESP brand lately. As far as jackson what just didn't feels right? Which model was it you remeber? I use to have about 7-8 Ibanez's i now own none. Most of my stuff is noe ESP, LTD, Jackson, and older Kramers. I just suggest going to your local guitar center and playing them all to find what you like the best.

ESP is made in Japan and LTD or made in Korea. Yeah metallica uses them. Alot of people are starting to use the LTD, and ESP brand lately. As far as jackson what just didn't feels right? Which model was it you remeber? I use to have about 7-8 Ibanez's i now own none.  Most of my stuff is noe ESP, LTD, Jackson, and older Kramers. I just suggest going to your local guitar center and playing them all to find what you like the best.

I cant remember what was wrong with the Jackson nor can i remember model...It just wasnt.. erm.. right.. soz i know it doesnt help but im not sure :D

Does anybody know of any nice Jacksons or ESP for £300 ish preferbly away from ebay

Also... keeping on subject... Hath anybody found the links for the mentioned RG's? (away from ebay)

~~ Slain Angel ~~

Edited by SlainAngel

Ahh Cheers for the info Cudbucket :D

Earlier AlexVDL mentioned an RGT guitar...

Personally I won't go for the 550 with a maple neck. It's known that the earlier 550 maple necks without the bubinga laminate tordate quickly. I've seen many many 550 necks coming into our shop. We had to either defret and plane the neck or replace the fretboard.

30 pounds more and you have a neck thru and the new trem system... not a bad deal maybe? RGT

you can't go wrong with that guitar...especially after you switch out the pickups to your preffered type...although i found the ones that came with it to be pretty dang good.

i bought mine for $300 because it had the old trem,and they were unloading to get the newly equipped ones...i have had zero problems with that guitar,and it plays better than all my others,although i prefer the tone of some of my others

great guitar,really...and i don't just mean for the price.

Do you think the pickups would be ok for that or would i need to swap them out? if i did that would add more money to the price and at that point... i dont think i could afford it

yes i do...i think that you will not get a guitar with better pickups at that price either...all of them at that price will have budget pickups...but i think of the other guitars i have played,their stock pickups are by far the best

the pickups are very clear and sweet when clean...and i myself played quite a bit of slayer through them.

i actually debated with myself whether or not to swap them,but in the end my love of the emg 81 won out

Do you think the pickups would be ok for that or would i need to swap them out? if i did that would add more money to the price and at that point... i dont think i could afford it

yes i do...i think that you will not get a guitar with better pickups at that price either...all of them at that price will have budget pickups...but i think of the other guitars i have played,their stock pickups are by far the best

the pickups are very clear and sweet

i think that metal pickup rings are a premium thing to put on a low end guitar,considering even a multi thousand dollar gibson has plastic.

yes i prefer metal rings.i would rather have as little plastic on my guitar as possible(yes i know the finishes are plastics)