Variax Hybrids

wow,that green stained quilt top is amazing,i've never seen a quilttop with as nice a figure as that,plus the way he buffs it up to look like,and i quote''glass'',its really shiney.

Edited by whitey

Easy to make finishes do that wierd effect btw- its a certain wood stain, really expensive one but I can't remember what its called. Basically it adds more contrast and light angles change the colour of the wood. After that I suppose you just stain it green or maybe add green colouring to the stain.

that red stain is my absolute fave. The only thing is I'd have an ebony stripe in between the bloodwood. oh man i want that guitar.

Wow very impressive. My question is where does one get Variax electronics without having to strip one down? It would be awesome to put Variax guts into a homemade axe. It would probably still cost a pretty penny since Line 6's woodwork is less than impressive.

Well after reading through a bit of the Line6 user group link on his webpage, I would guess that they dont sell the electronics at all, it seems like their lawyers are very IP protective. So much so that they threatened to sue the guy for putting his guitar's electronics in a different body. Good thing he doesnt intimidate easily, he does great work. And my God, where does he get all that wonderful wonderful wood? The waves on that one green maple top guitar are deep enough to sink an oil tanker!!!

Wow very impressive.  My question is where does one get Variax electronics without having to strip one down?  It would be awesome to put Variax guts into a homemade axe.  It would probably still cost a pretty penny since Line 6's woodwork is less than impressive.

He's gutting Variaxes to do the work. See the other variax thread here.

Lots of info there.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...

good lookin' stuff!  anyone know what brand of tailpiece he's using on the teles?

All but the green Tele on that page are Variax transplants. The Variax system uses a piezo pickup in the bridge to feed the sound to the processing electronics, so you have to use the Variax bridge. The 300 and 500 come with a stop tailpiece that's just a normal string through body with the piezo pickup. The 700 has a custom tremolo bridge with the piezo pickup as well. There are no aftermarket parts to replace the bridge at this point, only bodies.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...

OH MY GOD :D I love That I want to try that!! Dam I need Cash Im going to buy a variax To gut out

!!METAL MATT!! :D

Easy to make finishes do that wierd effect btw- its a certain wood stain, really expensive one but I can't remember what its called. Basically it adds more contrast and light angles change the colour of the wood. After that I suppose you just stain it green or maybe add green colouring to the stain.

Which finish are you talking about?