Tom Delonge Strat From Parts...

Now the next step is to enter it into guitar of the month, coz, lyke, of course it would kill every1. :D:D

I'd win if the boards were full of blink-loving teenyboppers, however somehow I don't think thats the case.

Seriously though, I might enter it for a laugh, if its eligible.

Is it eligible for entry?

Now the next step is to enter it into guitar of the month, coz, lyke, of course it would kill every1.  :D  :D

I'd win if the boards were full of blink-loving teenyboppers, however somehow I don't think thats the case.

I say go for it. B)

Now the next step is to enter it into guitar of the month, coz, lyke, of course it would kill every1.  :D  :D

I say go for it. B)

ok! When I get some better pics, I will! and i shall provail!

Edited by neocon58

well here it is, in all it's glory:

P1030575.jpg

P1030574.jpg

Gotta get 2 new tuning pegs, as I've f@!ked two of them. I'll get the tuning pegs tomorrow (monday) and take it into my local music shop for a good set up on tuesday. Yes, I know, I'm a wimp for getting it checked over! I'm still new at this, and It plays probably at about a grade B now, and I havent touched the bridge or neck. I'd be better off getting pros to check it over. and I know the guys who run the shop, and they do a good job.

Nice stuff! I really like the white and the pickup. Good job man! Enter it, you never know. Getting it checked out is a good idea, if you are not sure if you can set the intonation and truss rod it would be wise to have it setup by a professional, then you can start making minor adjustments so you can get good at it. Here is a link to the Project Guitar main web site, it is the page for the guitars setup. If you don't know everything about the setup this page can give you some help. There is a lot of info. Good luck with your guitar, I like it a lot. Nice work.

PG tutorial setup page

Nice stuff!  I really like the white and the pickup.  Good job man!  Enter it, you never know.  Getting it checked out is a good idea, if you are not sure if you can set the intonation and truss rod it would be wise to have it setup by a professional, then you can start making minor adjustments so you can get good at it.  Here is a link to the Project Guitar main web site, it is the page for the guitars setup.  If you don't know everything about the setup this page can give you some help.  There is a lot of info.  Good luck with your guitar, I like it a lot.  Nice work.   

PG tutorial setup page

Thanks! I should have it absolutely done by mid-week, so I'll probably enter into this months entry list (Which is for August, I believe?).

I have a reasonable idea of how to set up a guitar (I managed to re-string my RG with no problems (I was too **** to try adjust the truss rod though :D )), however just at this stage I believe a professional could have it playing better than I ever could, at the stage I'm at now.

Thanks for your advice. I'll try get some soundclips up, so you can admire the sexy tone (and sloppy playing) :D !

Thanks for your advice. I'll try get some soundclips up, so you can admire the sexy tone (and sloppy playing) biggrin.gif !

Hell yeah! Can't wait, I'll bet it going to sound great. Jason

Thanks for your advice. I'll try get some soundclips up, so you can admire the sexy tone (and sloppy playing) biggrin.gif !

Looks great , nice job

What did the strat kit come with and what was the price for the kit .

Thinking of buying one for myself

Thanx

Looks great , nice job

What did the strat kit come with and what was the price for the kit .

Thinking of buying one for myself

Thanx

it came with everything, even a loaded pickguard with the typical strat setup, however as you saw I opted to buy my own pickup and pickguard. The kit cost me about $385

• 3 months later...
hey i have a question about that invader you have there...um how is the tone on that thing? im llooking for something with alot of tone and for kinda cheap.

Thanks

Baxter

I've owned both the SD Invaders and Duncan Designed Detonators. They work really well if your amp is more classic distortion than high gain, but if your setup is capable of high gain I'd go for something else. To me, and this is purely subjective due to taste, they get muddy too easily.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...

i think im going to end up getting a set of invaders for my lp. the pick ups got stolen out of it at a show i was at so.. im kinda REALLLY MADDD but all's is good ill just pick up a pair of those invaders and live life haha..tahnks guys...good luck on that strat ...loooking really nice.

To be honest, you're lucky that they didn't just jack the guitar. Normally thieves would be more willing to take the entire setup than just pick off parts in the open and risk getting caught. Are you sure someone isn't playing a trick on you? How on earth did they get easy access to your pickups? Were they using quick connects?

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...