1st Project - Les Paul

Nice, very nice indeed

2 - things i may wish to point out - the binding looks slightly wobbly around the area of the pickup selector where it meets the neck is it me or the pictures??

also the bridge pickup mounting ring looks like it has been put on in reverse - it looks as if you have put the lowest part of the ring towards the bridge....

***EDIT*** i just realised that the pickup was on reverse becuase it was just a show picture with hardware on :D ***EDIT***

lovely guitar - bet it sounds great - what kinda pickups u have in it??

B)

:D

Edited by ZoSo_Spencer

Nice, very nice indeed

2 - things i may wish to point out - the binding looks slightly wobbly around the area of the pickup selector where it meets the neck is it me or the pictures??

Thats the carve near the pickup selector. It carves kinda down towards the binding giving it a wobbly look, i think lol.

Very clean work. Awesome job :D

Yes, i'll sand a little more the binding near the pickup selector to make it smoother.

On the last picture the mounting ring wasn't screwed (not sure of the word), but if you look at the 3rd one it is in the right way.

Thanks guys.

Ps : because I was short of money at the time I launched this project, I bought Stewmac pickups. For my next project I think I'll use Seymour pickups (It will be an SG).

• 1 month later...

My LP is finished. There are some pictures.

235.JPG

236.JPG

237.JPG

238.JPG

When I'll have some time, I'll do samples...

by the way, the 2 things ZoSo_Spencer are OK now.

There are a lot of little misteakes because it's my First guitar, I hope the next one will be better (SG-like, 24 cases, neck through, sipo (kind of mahogany) for body and 3 ply ash and 2 Sipo for the neck). And as you can see on the picture below, I have bought enough wood to build some other guitars. I am already thinking of a Tele-like project.

239.JPG

Great work...colour is very nice. You've put a great deal of effort into that...and it's worthit.

I went and had a good browse through that forum - palmitoales work and others...amazing work! Nice guitars in the gallery..

The rest of that forum is also very good...they seem to just get on and talk guitar..no bitchiness!

<<edit>>

Whilst it is on the same subject...have a look at the finsih another member of that forum got on this Paul HERE - looks like marble come abalone...very nice indeed.

Good work! I royally effed up my block inlays (OK, not royally, but a little) and now I have to consider re-doing the whole fretboard. Looking at yours is telling me I should, because you did such a good job that it makes the whole guitar look great.

Greg

Great job as first attempt :D

I hope mine will be too B) And yes.... the first time there are a lot of things you forget about. It's very easy to make a mistake, anyway it is finished and looks great!!!

P.S. I guess Kevan will kill you if he sees your post with all those pics :D