The Brutalizer 6-string

I saw a hand drill press type thing recently, and was wondering how it would work. It looks like the hand drill worked great for you, what other uses would a hand drill have, or what else do you use it for? I was going to ask you about the closeness of the jack to the tone pot, but assumed you angled the jack enough so it could fit under the tone pot. Are the lines you have on the guitar for the contour of the top? Well keep us posted with pics! Jason

Ya I've seen the hand drill press stuff in action there A good idea But for the cost of one I could get a small table drill press anyway B)

Well I use A drill for A lot of things Like shaping and carving BUT I would never want to use it for dirlling bridge post hole's or anyother important holes, I would Leave that up to A drill press.

Today Im going to be working on the 2 Jig's for The electronics cavity I should Have A few pic's of that If I get to it :D

!!METAL MATT!! :D

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cf_1_bNECK.jpg

Ok this Is The Neck Im useing I just Bought it of ebay

Hear's The damaged headstock, An easy fix for me :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/ZAD.../fb_1_bNECK.jpg

and hears The back of the neck

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/ZAD.../fe_1_bNECK.jpg

So with A bit of work I'll be Set and ready to go with A Neck that I can Mod or repair In either case Im happyer with this Neck Than with The UGLY maple one

HEADSTOCK.jpg

Ok now This Is what Im planing for The Headstock What do you guy's Think

Looks good Matt! How are you going to build out the headstock, are you going to leave the right side alone and add an ear to the left side, or are you going to cut the right side down as well and add equal ears to both sides so it would be even? For some reason I think cutting it down the right side even with the left, then adding some nice big ears would be better, I think it would give a nice laminated look from the back,unless you are painting it. But I have never had to add ears so it's only just a guess. Good luck with fixing it. With the way you piece bodies together with a bunch of different woods, I'm sure you won't have any problems with this. Post progress pics when you have them! Later. Jason

Matt, you really need a camera, kid.

I know I know! :D I think It's Time To Get rid Of this Old Pice Of crap and Buy a new Camera Or Buy A scaner and Get My sister To take Some Good pic's for me

with Hear camera

And What Do you mean Kid, How old Are You Cud?

Looks good Matt! How are you going to build out the headstock, are you going to leave the right side alone and add an ear to the left side,

Yep Im going to leve The Good side and glue on A new chunk of maple to the bad side and That mod The whole thing And Than Im painting it all black

Warning... the goverment may arrest you for carrying offence weapons if you use that on stage

HAHAHAHA :D Well They would Have To get to me First The Brutalizer Is going to have A Long Reach B)

Ok now This Is what Im planing for The Headstock What do you guy's Think

Ooo I like it dude! simple, elegant and it reflects the body style. This is coming together nicely. Cant wait to see the finished article.

Make sure you take some shots of the neck repair tho. Id like to see how you tackle it.

Edited by Digideus

Ooo I like it dude! simple, elegant and it reflects the body style. This is coming together nicely. Cant wait to see the finished article.

Make sure you take some shots of the neck repair tho. Id like to see how you tackle it.

Thanks Man I really Did Luck out on this neck It's So perfect for The Brutalizer!!

And Ya For sure I'll take some pic's Of the Repair :D

needs work

make the sides arc'd as well, outwards

Well I dont Think I want to do That, I really Like How This Flows With the Brutalizer design

And bevel the interior arcs and edges like a blade.

But CudBucket's Idea of adding bevels Is GREAT!! Im going to start planing it out

Now.

I can't believe I just said that.[/

MOOAHAHAHA Welcome To The Dark side :D

The machine heads look like they're too far out. I say bring them in more, and lift the arches/cut pieces or whatever they are called, a few inches up, if that makes sense.

-Jamie

The machine heads look like they're too far out. I say bring them in more, and lift the arches/cut pieces or whatever they are called, a few inches up, if that makes sense.

-Jamie

I Dont know Man It could Be My pic that look's Off :D

But The machine heads will be Placed the Same as any other dime333 neck,

Once I fix it B)

needs work

make the sides arc'd as well, outwards

Well I dont Think I want to do That, I really Like How This Flows With the Brutalizer design

then make the HS a mirror of the body

it'll look better than what you posted, which kinda looks like it needs some sort till its perfect

Matt where did you get the dime neck from? someone on PG, ebay? I ask cause I know you were waiting for a neck for a while lol.

Matt where did you get the dime neck from? someone on PG, ebay? I ask cause I know you were waiting for a neck for a while lol.

Well I found It on eBay And I payed 19.99 For It :D I saw It the day it was posted

And I knew It was for me B)

then make the HS a mirror of the body

it'll look better than what you posted, which kinda looks like it needs some sort till its perfect

Well If You want You can Feel free to mod It and Repost it Im oppen to any Idea's

But I would Like The Tuneing Peg's To stay asis :D

But I really Like Asis So Your Idea Is Really going to have To knok me off my feet

:D

!!METAL MATT!! B)

Well ToDay I was Researching Paint!! And The Im Going To try A Really cool black Hammered metal finish B)

This Is Going To Look SO DEADLY :D

black hammered metal finish?

do you mean a matte-black finish?

very stealth

No not really, It Kinda Looks Like Iron Im working On a test piece right now I'll post some Pic's when It's All done! :D

EDIT:

Ok I got My Test Painting All done And OH MY GOD This Stuff Is So WOW!! :D

But I just Cant Get A Good Pic Of It With My Crapy Camera So Your Going to have To wait Untill I get some Good Pic's

But For Now I'll tell you What Im useing!! Now I cant find Any good Pic's Online at all But Trust Me This Stuff is SO COOL It Look's Like a Black/Dark gray Alien spaceship Metal, It's Nut's!!

Rust Oleum Hammered Metal Paint

!!METAL MATT!! B)