Look Whats Stew Mac Does!

OK, you people asked for it and here it is. I think it is great, also. Shows you what the voice of the people can actually achieve. Never be timid with your wants or needs cause noone will respond if you don't scream. (Hemmingway, BTW)

Before I started using the rivets, I called them and they told me they were looking at getting them... it took them a while, almost a10 months later, and can you tell me what guitar is the one on the PIC, can you say CARVIN really loud.

I called them again 2 months ago asking for 7 strin TOM, and they told me they were looking at that too, so maybe a year from now they will get them. I have used their 6 string TOM and it is better than the ones that WD and GPD sell.

Maiden, getting big companies like Carvin to respond to demand is like breeding elephants, if you catch my drift. I would like to see 7-string stuff developed that follows the good 6-string stuff in every way. If they make a cool product for 6-strings, I want to see it in 7-string. I am not really unhappy with using rails for pickups and SD makes some nice 7-string JBs and such but how about a larger selection of bridges, trems and neck hardware? This is a recent trend that the manufacturers need to pay attention to. SHIELDS UP!! IMHO

Small market for 7-strings? I THINK NOT!!! Ask any string manufacturer and see if they are interested in a 13.3% increase in sales. The answer would be a definative, absolute, resounding.....what the heck are you talking about? 7-strings? Marketing is supposed to follow trends, not current sales. The trend towards 7-strings is a juggernaut that Carvin has seen and realized has to be part of their product line. Fender? Gibson? I don't think so, but I am famous for bad thinking. By the way, I am not picking you to dump on. I just wanted to dump on SOMEBODY about it. Well, I guess that kinda means I DID pick you to dump on. Pretend it was WES. He won't mind! :D

lol... You're right about one thing thoug. It ain't Fender nor Gibson who shall make any 7 stringers anytime soon. I don't really think 7 strings are really a "trend" right now... But i know Carvin makes some real nice ones and heck... they even have some 7 string floyds.

Doctor, the reference to Carvin, was that the pic of the guitar in the Stew MAc page is a Carvin DC style guitar. And the ferrules are probably from (or from the supplier) of Carvin.

I talked a lot with the Stew Mac guys, When I'm online placing an order, and I don't know about it, or will like to see if they hace a different one that will fullfill my needs better, I give them a call. I was looking for a 7 string TOM, to replace the one in my Carve top, and I have the one that GPdepot sells, but I don't like it, it holds the saddles screws with C clips and they get kinda loose and wobbly, so I called Carvin and Stwe and neither have them, so I went to WD, since they are Guitar specialty, ghe got me one, but the Radii was too much, I was looking for 18 and I think the one he got was 22, and I found WD music and order that one... Same as the one from GPDepot, but double the price. Right now, I'm waiting to relocate, to order graphtech saddles and get longer screws to set them like the Stew Gotoh TOMs.

Holy long paragraph Batman....

As of now, I think I will keep using the SS rivets, they look about the same, will accomodate strings up to 60 (barely), the only thing that I do to most of them is to round over the hole, and that's it.

And this is not a TREND? How many 7-strings were in the catalogs 5 years ago? The growth is not exponential or even startling but it is outstripping the market-growth of everything except drum kits. Go figure. Drum kits. Cheap ones, at that.

Wow, got time to edit to respond to Maiden. Cool.

Yeah, that is what I mean about suppliers catching up to 7-string folk. They treat it like some wierd thing until they see the market potential. SOME HELP on aisle FOUR!! We got another 7-string wierdo!! A 7-string TOM is probly more than I would ask for, just yet, but folk like Hipshot and WD are beginning to see the potential. I would hope more people see these as something other than a baritone or a fluke because I see them as niether. Good place for them to sell more stuff. I don't play a 7-string in public cause I have a VERY ugly axe but players should give them a shot, just to see what they can do. By the way, wasn't this topic supposed to be about top-string-ferrules? My bad! :D

:D Well, it's about time, Stew-Mac.  I've been ordering mine from Guitar Jones for some time nowPeace,

Dave

What can you say about guitar jones. I called them up to get a feel of the people before ordering and the guy that I talked to barely understanded me (don't blame him for my spanglish), but I didn't understand a bit of what he was telling me... So I desisted of ordering from them and got my rivets in line.

Small market for 7-strings? I THINK NOT!!! Ask any string manufacturer and see if they are interested in a 13.3% increase in sales. The answer would be a definative, absolute, resounding.....what the heck are you talking about? 7-strings? Marketing is supposed to follow trends, not current sales. The trend towards 7-strings is a juggernaut that Carvin has seen and realized has to be part of their product line. Fender? Gibson? I don't think so, but I am famous for bad thinking. By the way, I am not picking you to dump on. I just wanted to dump on SOMEBODY about it. Well, I guess that kinda means I DID pick you to dump on. Pretend it was WES. He won't mind! :D

Thing is, though... a 13.3% increase in two or three percent is still just two or three percent :D. Frankly, even though seven strings are still (and will, despite recent trends, in all likelyhood remain) a very small market share of total guitar sales, there's obviously still money to be made in producing seven string hardware - it's not like there's a whole bunch of R&D cost B). About all they'd have to spend money on is a little machine retooling (or reprogramming), there wouldn't be a huge initial investment. It seems like most of the folks in the guitar hardware business just don't care enough about that extra couple of percent of possible sales to go through the effort of beginning production.