Would This Body Sound All Right?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...eName=WDVW&rd=1

i was wondering how a body like this would sound with it have many different types of wood glued together. i know a 1-piece body sounds wonderful in concern to acoustics, but 15 pieces glues up like this might sound funky. i was wondering if anybody had any experience on making or playing something like this.

It ain't going to sound like anything. You have to put strings on there first. And a pickup will help too. :D

But I'm on a personal crusade to get the voodoo out of guitar-building...why wouldn't this guitar sound good? Who ever said that glue "sounded" bad? Lots of guitars have glue in them --most acoustics, for example. And they sound just fine. And what's to say that this body might not sound 15x BETTER because of the cool laminations and mix of wood types?

You won't know until you string it up and plug it in.

It ain't going to sound like anything. You have to put strings on there first. And a pickup will help too.  :D

But I'm on a personal crusade to get the voodoo out of guitar-building...why wouldn't this guitar sound good? Who ever said that glue "sounded" bad?  Lots of guitars have glue in them  --most acoustics, for example. And they sound just fine. And what's to say that this body might not sound 15x BETTER because of the cool laminations and mix of wood types?

You won't know until you string it up and plug it in.

Liar, what if you play it like a drum!?

Anyway, like idch said, you won't know until you build something out of it.

I say go for it. Build it up, and if you don't like how it sounds you'll at least have the baddest cutting board in town. :D

Disclaimer: Use only nontoxic foodsafe finishes for any woodworking projects that come in contact with food.

Speaking of which...I have this cutting board from Ikea...it's huge, and it's at least Les Paul thick, made up of lots of little rectangles...I've been thinking it'd make a funky looking guitar...

I say go for it. Build it up, and if you don't like how it sounds you'll at least have the baddest cutting board in town. B)

Disclaimer: Use only nontoxic foodsafe finishes for any woodworking projects that come in contact with food.

Speaking of which...I have this cutting board from Ikea...it's huge, and it's at least Les Paul thick, made up of lots of little rectangles...I've been thinking it'd make a funky looking guitar...

Ahhhh, the Beechblockocaster commeth ! :D

Jem :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...eName=WDVW&rd=1

i was wondering how a body like this would sound with it have many different types of wood glued together. i know a 1-piece body sounds wonderful in concern to acoustics, but 15 pieces glues up like this might sound funky. i was wondering if anybody had any experience on making or playing something like this.

les claypool has a bass with a lot of different peaces

http://www.ctbasses.com/

its under claypool then rainbow bass. it looks like the fretboard is more than one peace to

has anyone here seen dhuff guitars kinda similar to carl thompsons? he laminates the bodys in some interesting ways

http://www.dhuffguitars.com/

Do you guys see on the picture of the back, a chunk missing just below the left side horn? I can't really tell but it looks like some bad tearout or something. Maybe it's just my eyes! Jason

Do you guys see on the picture of the back, a chunk missing just below the left side horn?  I can't really tell but it looks like some bad tearout or something.  Maybe it's just my eyes!  Jason

I do see that, but it looks like it may just be a stain.

I never heard Mattias Eklundh complain about a crap guitar, and listen to him go? Tbh I think alot of it is in the amp rather than the guitar. I've got a good guitar, with the "best" humbuckers you can get, and on my Line6 amp it doesn't sound as good as I'd like, but on stack amps and such it sounds amazing, as does almost any guitar :D