Started Working On Another T

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have routed for the neck, and am getting ready to do the bridge and pups. I have decided to go with a regular rio single coil in th ebridge and a rio p90 in the neck.

Two questions - 1. How deep do I route for the p90? 2. What size roundover bit do you guys normally use for a "T" style guitar?

Bill

th_Swamptele014.jpg

Link to bigger picture is in the original post.

I used a 1/8 radius roundover on the tele I'm working on. It looks about right to me. I did a 1/4 radius on a tele body a while ago (before I trashed it) and it looked to be too much to me. I like the 1/8.

• 4 weeks later...
absolutely stunning, that koa really truned out awesome

good work  :D

Well after putting on my last coat of oil- I looked at it real closely and said the sides are perfect, but the top and bottom could have been better. Thus, out came the green tape (on the sides) and the saw dust went flying on the top and bottom. The first (new) coat is back on. Oh well, live and learn!!

Bill

Whoofnagle, didn't you buy the Warmoth ash with koa top body in a past few weeks, maybe a month ago? I think there's was a topic about finishing (maybe, I'm not sure, but I'm sure that somebody bought warmoth koa topped body)....

Sorry for the hijack.

mullmuzzler | OSSMT

Nope. Never bought a Warmoth body - but have bought necks.

• 2 weeks later...

(Pssst... click the pics and they get bigger!)

Great work... I love the minimalism of Teles and how many different variations there are on the same old formula to get so many different, personalized guitars in the end. There's something really cool about having a dark top wood on a lighter-coloured back. That koa/ash combo looks really great.