New Project, Relic'ed Strat!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I started collecting parts for this one I bought a repro decal (actually got 2, plus 2 Custom Shop logos*). The more I thought about it, the less I wanted those decals on it. At first it was strange not to see the name there, but now I hardly notice. I guarantee nobody else notices when I'm butchering Pride and Joy. :D

*Not For Sale

I bought a repro decal too...I was going to use it for my tele, but decided I couldn't live with a fake logo on there. That's when I bought the Fender MIM neck.

I decided to put the old tele neck on the Bocaster, because I didn't like the Bocaster's neck. So I used the repro decal on that--and added "Bocaster" on there, sort of like Fender added the word "Thinline" --no one's going to think this neck is an authentic Fender...

Anyway, the point is the repro decal looks like...a complete fake. It's obvious it was made on waterslide decal printer paper --and you can tell instantly from within a foot that it's a fake --the edges are all fussy, just lakes the precision of an authentic logo. I paid a couple of euros for it, so that's no big deal for me.

Sure, you could probably buy a more professional fake. But by the time you got done paying for the neck (or building the neck) and the better logo, you're already into too much coin...so why not just buy a real Fender neck?

Yes, I understand this, but I do not have the money to spend on those kind of things, and if I did put a fender logo and were to sell it later on, I think I would make more money on it.

So yes, maybe it would fund another project, but so what?

Builders like me who don't build too many guitars wouldn't get busted on by Fender, am I right?

It still is, and more evidently than before, fraud, nothing short of it.

@idch: I like the "Not a Fender" thing... but I would write "NOT A" bigger than that :D

Well what I'm trying to say is that I'd much rather save 200-300 bucks on a guitar that looks like a fender and would be much more satisfied. If i were to sell my guitar, it would be alot cheaper than a real fender custom shop relic and the buyer can use it to brag.

Yeah i dont know what i'm trying to get at, all I am saying is that I am not going to sell it as a fender and will clearly state it, when I do actually sell it.

Well what I'm trying to say is that I'd much rather save 200-300 bucks on a guitar that looks like a fender and would be much more satisfied. If i were to sell my guitar, it would be alot cheaper than a real fender custom shop relic and the buyer can use it to brag.

Yeah i dont know what i'm trying to get at, all I am saying is that I am not going to sell it as a fender and will clearly state it, when I do actually sell it.

this irks me to no end,makes zero sense,and makes me want to help you not at all

this irks me to no end,makes zero sense,and makes me want to help you not at all

What the man said.

• 6 months later...

Alright well the guitar has been finished for a while now, and I recently got a new digital camera, so I decided to upload some pictures. Enjoy my Flickr Album!

I plan to sell this body and relic a new one (preferably daphne blue), so if anyones interested in buying this, PM me.

Any critiques/ideas/suggestions appreciated, thanks.

109915221_0dd60a9eff_o.jpg

--->FLICKR<---

Edited by ZiKi

• 3 weeks later...