Do You Think These Stands Are Ok?

TenderSurrender

Now ive noticed since i now have 2 guitars a bass and an accoustic, im running out of floor space :D

Now i love the idea of hanging em up on the wall but dont know which type of bracket to get...

So far ive found a choice of 2...

Long armed Guitar hanger

Standard Wall Hanger

Now are they going to be strong enough without damaging my guitars and if so...which one out of those do you think i should get? (I thought the price was good on those)

Thanks for all your help

~~ Slain Angel ~~

I have 3 of the second one and two regular stands. I need another two hangers though.

I feel more secure with my guitars up on the wall and out of the way. Just make sure you get it in a wall studd :D When I first got it I was scared to put my guitar on it so I hung on the thing for like a minute and it diddn't budge! So obviously they are strong enough if you put it in the wall studd correctly.

I would recomend covering the parts that touch your guitar in felt. Two of them I have are fine but the third one has a diffrent kind of rubber that sometimes leaves a black mark if it gets hot. No big deal you just wipe it off but it would be better if it diddn't happen.

Ive seen the wooden ones about and they are quite nice but wouldnt look to good in my room IMO...

However i can already see those guitar stands suiting my room and actually making it look better in a way :D

So you have both said it should be ok so... *orders* ill put some pictures up of my little show wall when it arrives :DB)

Thankyou!

~~ Slain Angel ~~

That must be the first time I've seen a Britney poster next to a Slayer one  :D  :D

i respect her intellect an use her to inspire me to greater musical heights...honest B)

no,in all truth,although i do not like her style of music,i do like her style...same respect i have for madonna...though britney is not nearly the singermadonna is...she may never be...but what she does works.

i got that poster free with a 12 pack of pepsi.i bought my 12 pack...guy rings it up,i pay...and then after a second i say "where's my britney poster?"

the guy looked shocked...he says "you want the poster???"

i said "hell yeah,i am going to put it up right next to my slayer poster and think about the evil things i would do to her..."

i was thinking to myself "what kind of homo would NOT want a free britney poster?"

:D They arrived today... less then 24 hours after i ordered them... which is amazing considering it was 48Hr delivery :D

Anyway...

Curtis P - They are very good quality IMO and i have no worries about them holding my guitars up... i say go for it!

Ill post some pictures this weekend of my guitars up on the wall B)

~~ Slain Angel ~~

Well my dad had the morning off from work this morning so he helped me get the stands up on the wall :D

Now the guitar on the far right you shoud ignore, its not finished yet...although we now have the paints and a Floyd rose on the way... (gonna get friend to do routing for it)

guitarhangers9gb.th.jpg

~~ Slain Angel ~~

Edited by SlainAngel

The hangers (like the "U" bit of it") rotate freely until something stops them (e.g shape of headstock) so tat the guitar stands straight :D

Where ive done work to the headstock on the guitar on the right, it doesnt fit as nicely as perhaps it should so it has to rotate a fair bit until it can sit there, However ive pulled it about a lil and its not moving :D

The Vee is a BC-Rich KKV, its not the high end version but still plays and sounds very nice...

~~ Slain Angel ~~