Rest In Peace: Bob Moog

Where would R&B, rap and hip-hop be if groups like Parliament and Funkadelic hadn’t used Moog keyboards? Where would rock and roll be if groups from Yes to the Beatles hadn’t used Moog keyboards? Would jazz music have branched off into fusion without Herbie Hancock and Chick Corea using Moog keyboards? And would classical music have enjoyed such resurgence without Wendy Carlos and her modular Moog synthesizer? The questions are hypothetical, of course, because synthesizers have infiltrated every style of music, and so many companies have tried to recreate that analog sound. But above all the copycats and spin-offs, it always comes back to one name: Moog.

Truly an amazing man

Rest in peace

~~ Slain Angel ~~

"A deliberate man with brushed-back white hair and a breast pocket packed with pens, Moog drove an aging Toyota painted with a snail, vines and a fish blowing bubbles."

"When I drive that thing around, people smile at me," he said. "I really feel I'm enhancing the environment."

Very interesting guy, and it was really sad that it took some effort to even find news of his passing other than the Moog site. :D

Indeed an important man with important contributions.

Agree about the scarcity of the news. I visit other music-related websites that have main-page "news items" and it's not even mentioned.

Rest In Peace, Bob.