Jawbreaker V

mailman

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also you might have problems having the neck pickup where it should be, it's hard to tell but there isn't a whole lot of room on a regular v and being yours is smaller you might have a problem. Are you using a neck pickup? Good luck. J

Also you might have problems having the neck pickup where it should be, it's hard to tell but there isn't a whole lot of room on a regular v and being yours is smaller you might have a problem. Are you using a neck pickup? Good luck. J

no, i am not using a neck pickup

in the original drawings it looked like i had more than enough room

now that i printed the thing out and am comparing it to the CAD drawings of flying V's, it looks pint sized

so now im thinking....should i make the entire thing bigger?

Your drawing doesn't have any dimensions, so who knows? You probably should be discussing this with the guy that will be building it.

well the red one was the gibson V found on guitarbuild.com so i'm assuming its accurately dimensioned. i scaled it down in size cuz all of the cads on the site are out of wack, but scaled it down so the neck is the same length as mine...to give a rough understanding of the size.

what dimensions would you like to know? i can pull up lengths of any line on the things

You know I like tht headstock on it's own but im likeing that body less and less it just does not flow well!! You know man it may look better with A 6-inline headstock and change the cutouts on the side of the V

You shold talk to Doug about the design have him share his ideas on it Since it's him building it, i'll bet that you And Doug could come up with A kick but design that's along the same lines as what you have now, It's at least worth giveing it A try :D

!!METAL MATT!! :D

NO NO man keep the cuts in the side but rework them and do A cool 6-inline headstock not some thing that looks so much like the body

Really man talk with Doug see what he thinks

!!METAL MATT!! :D