Jawbreaker V

mailman

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what do you mean - send it to doug??

Doug here is gonna be making it (or at least thats the understanding we have at the moment)

Do you mean Doug at Soulmate Guitars? If so, why not discuss this stuff with him, since he's the one who's gonna have to deal with it? I mean, we can tell you anything, but we don't have to translate it to wood. :D

i agree about the headstock...just my opinion though...i just never liked that big thing.

balance is super important for a vee...use light tuners.and place the back strap button as close the the center of the v as you can get it,and put the front button as close to the neck as you can...and use straplocks.

i put the top button on my vees on the top of the neck heel...the straplocks keep the strap from coming off.

Even those cheapy strap locks you can get for like 2 bucks work pretty good

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/cur.../NewGuitar7.jpg

Cheapy strap lock up there ^^^ but it dont let the strap come off at all!!

i like the design, the headstock could use a bit of a diet, little too wide for my liking, but its your guitar!!

Curtis

what do you mean - send it to doug??

Doug here is gonna be making it (or at least thats the understanding we have at the moment)

Do you mean Doug at Soulmate Guitars? If so, why not discuss this stuff with him, since he's the one who's gonna have to deal with it? I mean, we can tell you anything, but we don't have to translate it to wood. :D

i'm just looking for suggestions visually

i figured a collective opinion on the design might help a bit

of course, when doug makes it i'm sure there will be on the fly construction-related changes, but thats a given

Good luck with everything.

I just wanted to say you didn't really need to make a whole new thread about the same guitar.Same guitar different thread. In your other thread they told you they felt too big headstock, and knobs placed funny. Why ask again and get the same response, even if you changed it you should just keep it on your other thread. ANyways just a suggestion. Hope it works out for you.

Good luck with everything.

I just wanted to say you didn't really need to make a whole new thread about the same guitar.Same guitar different thread.  In your other thread they told you they felt too big headstock, and knobs placed funny. Why ask again and get the same response, even if you changed it you should just keep it on your other thread. ANyways just a suggestion.  Hope it works out for you.

sorry?

First of all, jmrentis is right. If we make the mods jobs easier they get to do two things: 1) spend more time showing us their guitar projects. 2) spend less time repremanding us for wasting their time (which they want to spend on guitars as much as we do)

Secondly, I think the headstock looks pretty good. To me it reflects the proportions of the body well. The neck heavy issue may be valid though, your guitar - your decision. Hell, I don't even care much for "metal" guitars, but this looks good to me!

Good luck.

Nate Robinson :D

Russ: :DB)B):D

I think that is the best mock up I have ever seen, I want to place my order promptly. I really like the extra mass in the headstock, I think it will do wonders for the tone! And I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have any problems with it being neck heavy :D

I would downsize the headstock though, and maybe even play with some more ideas for the shape, it works as is but I think it could be better overall. Just an opinion though so good luck.

You know man I like the design of the body But I think it need's to be lounger and maybe a bit wider! maybe just make the spikes lounger to give it A meaner look

I for one Like the headstock :D

!!METAL MATT!! :D

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/8721/jawbreakerv0um.gif

Any last alterations I should make before putting this to MDF and sending it off to Doug?

Thanks,

Mat  :D

also, I'm trying to name the thing

Right now I'm torn between Jawbreaker and Sentinel

whats better?

Normally, I don't like this type of design because it always appears to me that the designer just took an existing design and tried to make it more outrageous than another guitar that looks just like it.

But I have to say, I like this very much. The body make look small but for a one pup design, it works. It's symmetrical and I always dig that. Kind of looks like an old Baby Dean V with a little Peavey Predator mixed in (scalloped sides).

I may have to build one like this one day.

Dave

Edited by bluespresence

jawbreakerv0um123.jpg

Ok I just did this for the heck of it And if you like go with! if not NBD :D

!!METAL MATT!! :D

hmm....longer eh...

i definately dont want it to be a Baby-Dean size body, is that what it looks like to you guys?

I think i'll try to scale it a bit bigger

and just for the record, how far back should the bridge be from the nut? i just kinda randomly placed the bridge where it is so it might be making the body look smaller than it really is

Edited by mailman

How far back should the bridge be from the nut? I just kinda randomly placed the bridge where it is...

Well, that depends on the scale length.

I hope you're familiar with what that is....?

:D

i havnt decided completely what i want for the final guitar, but the one in the picturei s a 25" scale length neck