Cocobolo/maple/walnut Neck-through

SWF

What is the black accent layer in the body, underneath the coco?

Doesn't look like there is one. Look at the photo before the finish. It looks like the endgrain appears darker in some places and it's just lighting.

Beautiful guitar by the way. I always hated those single coil mounting rings, but I've seen a couple guitars show up here over time that really make good use of them. They enhance the look of this guitar greatly, rather than cheapening it. The whole guitar is a winner to me, including the cool recess behind the wraparound bridge.

What is the black accent layer in the body, underneath the coco?

Doesn't look like there is one. Look at the photo before the finish. It looks like the endgrain appears darker in some places and it's just lighting.

Only three layers - 1/2" Cocobolo top, 1 1/8" Maple, 1/4" Cocobolo back.

The top is carved so that the edge of the cocobolo only shows as 1/4", so it matches in thickness with the back plate when looking at the sides. The exception is toward the tips of the cutaways.

I think maybe he meant bright with snap like an all maple guitar rather than warm/soft like a mahogany guitar, but I could be wrong. Also I wanted to add that I really dig that carve especially around the horns, it make the guitar look like two different styles, the shape of the horns look cool then when really looking at the carve it looks totally different, very cool. If you have the equipment try and get some samples up for us, there is a site you can put them up on, I forgot the name but it's on this site somewhere in a thread. THanks for sharing your guitar and I also would like to see how you did everything, if you have any pics of the build that would be cool.

BTW, did you wipe down the cocobolo before glueing up or not? Later. Jason