Pesky T-o-m Inserts...

I want to get one of these from stew-mac so I can remove my trem post bushings on my project and redrill them about an 1/8" deeper.

I just hope it'll have enough power to get them out since I had to use a mallet to get them in.

I've also thought of just making one similar to that design. It's almost like a battery post puller in reverse...sort of.

VanKirk, you don't need that, once you press the bushings in, the wood take the size of them, and only hold them snugly. The tutorial on the main site is more than enought for what you need to do. Believe me I had to take mine a few times and I had to bang the heck out of the set on my green guitar to get them to go in.

Yeah, listen to Maiden on this one...in fact, I believe he helped guide me through my first bushing pull... :D

It's kind of nerve wracking until you do it --then you discover that it's kind of made to be that way.

I did my with the claw of a hammer...

Make sure you put something to cushion things all around so you don't mar the surface...

:D Hi,

I have one of the "pullers" from Stew Mac and it works great. Just be sure to put a cloth between it and your finish before using.

Peace,

Dave

I want to get one of these from stew-mac so I can remove my trem post bushings on my project and redrill them about an 1/8" deeper.

I just hope it'll have enough power to get them out since I had to use a mallet to get them in.

I've also thought of just making one similar to that design. It's almost like a battery post puller in reverse...sort of.

I used the Hipshot Babygrand bridge and the post bushings were an odd size.

I don't remember the exact diameter of the drill bit I used but 1 was just a little bit too large and the one I used was just a tiny bit small so I went with the smaller one and tapped them in. :D

I didn't drill the holes deep enough because I marked the depth of the bit from the very tip.

I was having a blond moment because I thought I was using a forstner bit...or something *sigh*.

I was thinking of using a bolt threaded in to the bushing to pry against so I don't mar the gold coating on the post.

I also have a 1/4" piece of aluminum that I can drill a hole in to put over the bushing and pry against.

Sorry for the highjack.

I hope any answers can help you as well, verhoevenc.