Anyone Know Where I Can Get A Prs Trmplate

Err when I said make your own that included all that stuff.

I do one for whole body, one for chambers, and one for cavities, and that one also has openings for the chambers(cavity cover etc.)

If you cant do something THAT simple, you CAN NOT build guitars!

Alternatively you could do it all with out templates, also not that hard, just takes longer.

Look at pictures, and sketch it out on a large peice of paper as close to scale as you can get it, and then refine it until you get it exactly like you want it.

my real concern is how far the pickips should be from each other and where to place the bridge? my idea was to gut an epiphone lp special and trace the placement of everything including the neck pocket and then cut a template? could i then just position it on body i have that shaped like a prs mccarty even though its from an lp?

thanks, Adam

could i then just position it on body i have that shaped like a prs mccarty even though its from an lp?

thanks, Adam

You seem to want it pretty accurate, so, NO, different scales.

Learn some basics before you try something you obviouly have no idea how to do.

Edit: I'm in a slightly better mood than before, so get a 6er of beer(dont know how old you are so may require parents) go to a shop with a mccarty, and trade it for being allowed to take measurements from the guitar.

Edited by Mr Alex

I gave you some good ideas on where to start in one of your other THREE topics that talk about almost EXACTLY the same thing! Don't flood and spam the forum, you could have EASILY done all that in one topic! And like he said, make your own template. And you yelled back about wanting bridge placement information etc... well if you go read the PRS site and look at pictures it pretty much gives that to you. It tells you the scale length, and you can see what frets the neck connects to the body at, and from there you can find the bridge's spot. If you can't, like he said, try something easier. The PRS site is a great reference, it tells you radius, scale length, nut width. I use it so often I've got the number's memorized. So yeah, use what they give you, and use the FedEx Kinko's technique I outlined in your first topic, and build your own plans from there.

Chris

could i then just position it on body i have that shaped like a prs mccarty even though its from an lp?

thanks, Adam

You seem to want it pretty accurate, so, NO, different scales.

Learn some basics before you try something you obviouly have no idea how to do.

Edit: I'm in a slightly better mood than before, so get a 6er of beer(dont know how old you are so may require parents) go to a shop with a mccarty, and trade it for being allowed to take measurements from the guitar.

i dont know what your problem is. why wouldnt i make it as accurate as possible

please dont respond anymore to my post your extremely hostile for no reason

Go get Melvyn Hiscock's book... it'll help you out a lot. To answer your questions, the distance from nut to saddle on first string is fixed (the scale length) and that dictates how far apart the frets are (the frets on your 24.75" scale LP are spaced differently from on a 25" scale PRS). You can slide the nut and bridge together wherever you want; you just need to see at what fret the neck joins the body on a PRS, which has a 25" scale.

The bridge pup is usually as close as you can get it (~.5") to the bridge and the neck pup is usually as close as you can get it (~.25"-.5") to the end of the fretboard.

Get the book and get a good tape measure. You should measure everything to a given value, not try to copy off another guitar - if you try to copy, you're pretty likely to wind up with something completely unplayable.

Go get Melvyn Hiscock's book... it'll help you out a lot. To answer your questions, the distance from nut to saddle on first string is fixed (the scale length) and that dictates how far apart the frets are (the frets on your 24.75" scale LP are spaced differently from on a 25" scale PRS). You can slide the nut and bridge together wherever you want; you just need to see at what fret the neck joins the body on a PRS, which has a 25" scale.

The bridge pup is usually as close as you can get it (~.5") to the bridge and the neck pup is usually as close as you can get it (~.25"-.5") to the end of the fretboard.

Get the book and get a good tape measure. You should measure everything to a given value, not try to copy off another guitar - if you try to copy, you're pretty likely to wind up with something completely unplayable.

i was planning on using a 24.75" scale neck, i have it laying around. i just like the shape of the prs would it be ok to use the les paul placement then?

Adam

I made my own template. On the PRS website, if you click on whatever model you want, you can get a full size guitar picture such as http://prsguitars.com/showcase/current/mcstandard.html click on the mccarty

then, I blew up the picture, printed it out, and taped several pieces of paper together tomake the full size guitar. I had to use the 25" scale lenght from the nut to the bridge as a guide to make ratios, and figure out the sizes of each piece. In the end I made templates. If you email me at matt32123@comcast.net I can email you pics/instructions. When my guitar's done I'm gonna make a site with a tutorial. just email me, and I can easily give you the pictures and dimensions if I can find them. I could also explain further. Hope I helped. Also, I have a picture file of someone's exact PRS measurements if that'd help too.

-Matt