I Am So Friggin Excited!

scottyd

yeah its house of kolor urethane, its tough as nails, it would prob be alright with roundwounds but im going to use nylon wrapped flats help keep from marring it up, even if it does theres enough on there to buff it back out when needed, the clear itself is supposed to be just under powder coat for durability

Edited by scottyd

I've seen a bass fingerboard done like this before, but if I remember correctly it was done with epoxy.  Let me just say that your bass looks great man, congrats.  I really like that fingerboard look.  How does it work for you soundwise though?

it sounds a lot smoother IMHO, i recorded a sound clip of it before and after and you can really tell the difference the notes ring out cleaner, ive seen boards done with epoxy too but i believe this is just as good.

heres some "glamour" shots the bass still isnt done i still have to mount the pickups permanently. i guess emg doesnt include the sponge stuff thats supposed to give there pickups adjustability, so i have to find some of that stuff, or something thatll work, i have to do that and a little odd and end stuff (like the buffing compound still in the recess' for the knobs) before its 100% done. plus i got it strung up with roundwounds now, which i really dont want to leave on there too long

im going to try and get some good sound clips up soon too..

finishedbass1.jpg

finishedbass2.jpg

Edited by scottyd

man that sounds nice! how much did the bloodwood fretboard cost by the way? if that is bloodwood that is.

(i think im gonna copy you on your neck laminates also :D)

hey man copy away,although if your gonna copy wait till i build my next one, cause its gonna blow this one away, :D the bloodwood i got for $15.95 american from this cat already slotted

http://stores.ebay.com/California-Guitar-B...storeviewQQtZkm