Tuning Problem On Jackson Dkmg

i got my jackson set up, the floyd rose is parrallel to the body but still whenever i dive bomb or raise the bar up, the strings either go flar or sharp.

it has been a week since i put on new strings and i have been playing on the strings a lot.

the guitar also seems to go out of tune when i play without using the whammy bar.

i would play, then check the tuner and the strings would all be either sharp or flat.

i have no idea why.

what could be the problem?

strings might still be stretching although it sounds like you've played beyond that.

couple of questions..how many springs are attached to it? how old is the guitar? does your guitar have a locking nut and is it tight? are the screws holding the saddles in place good and tight?

If you're finding it not staying in tune, I would do the following checks first.

What strings are being used, some simply do not hold out well on trems.

Take off the locking nut tops and look at them, are their any signs of slipage (ruts..streaks) that would suggest the nuts not holding the strings in place.

Then if still no sign, start from one point and follow through to the end point. Are the screws holding the tail of the trem stable, are the springs seated, are the saddles tight? Any signs of slipping up/down on the bridge studs?

to me the strings still sound in tune after i use the whammy, but the tuner says otherwise.

i am using d'addario 9 guage strings, and everything is tight

If you're intonation is drifting that slightly and you're beating the crap out of the bar, you're in pretty okay shape. Those nine's should hold up somewhat okay but I'm not super versed with them. I've used GHS 9's for well over 20 years and when something works, don't break it. :D

my very first thought, which is why i asked the questions, was that the trem springs might be worn out or there might be one missing. if the nut is locking well and the screws locking the saddles down are holding well then that narrows it down to three things..i think...

the strings are still stretching..not likely if you've been playing them a while.

the trem is slipping up and down the studs like Gorecki suggested..again, doesn't happen often.

or the springs aren't returning the trem to it's starting point. springs are pretty cheap and personally that's the first thing i'd check and replace. they do loose tension over time especially if the previous owner used the whammy a lot.

sounds like worn knife edges/posts. I'm assuming that its a "Licensed" Floyd. Those baseplates wear out pretty fast under heavy trem use. I'd replace the trem with an Original Floyd or a Schaller Floyd.

Also cjeck to make sure that the screws that attach the nut to the neck are tight

Yep, my thoughts exactly.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...

umm i have a question.. if a floating trem is in working condition and workds ideally.. does it mean that if i put my finger behnid the locking nut and do a dive with my whammy bar, that the string behind the nut wont move or i wont feel it move as my finger will be placed on them ?

or will the strings move and the tuning still stay, do the locks actually even work THAT good that they dont allow any string movage behind the nuts.

i found when i am pulling the bar back up i gotta sort of pull it into pitch.

is this what you are supposed to do?

yes, its allways a good idea to give it a little push or pull in the opposite direction to the way you just used the bar to put it back in (or closer to) perfect tune.

also, if you have to go straight into picking after a divebomb or whatever lightly tapping the trem with the heel of your palm works.

umm i have a question.. if a floating trem is in working condition and workds ideally.. does it mean that if i put my finger behnid the locking nut and do a dive with my whammy bar, that the string behind the nut wont move or i wont feel it move as my finger will be placed on them ?

or will the strings move and the tuning still stay, do the locks actually even work THAT good that they dont allow any string movage behind the nuts.

Like I said before, take the locking nut tops off, look under them for signs of slipage. Realistically now, it's pointless because you obviously do have slipage. The portion of string between the tuners and nut should never more!

So, either you're simply not locking down tight enough OR the string is slipping and the piece(s) that have developed a rut in them, need to be replaced.