Besides The "books"

Havent found a magazine dealing with building or modding guitars. Am I missing something? There are magazines for walking, weddings, photography, blah blah blah. I figure there has to be some publication available for luthiers(or wannabees) Flipping through the stew mac catalague just isnt cutting it anymore :D Anyone with any ideas?

there are alot of books floating around such as;

Build Your Own Electric Guitar by Melvyn Hiscock - highly recommended

Constructing a Solid-Body Guitar, Roger Siminoff

these books and a few others can be found in the link below....

Books

thats one of the many places where you could probobally find these books.

i know theres alot of other books but i dont know where you can buy them in u.s.a

hope thats what you were after...

:D

Edited by ZoSo_Spencer

It was a cool guitar repair/building newsletter for about 3 years (1988- 1990):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/soa...t/SIC_2_1_d.jpg

Actually a little "subdivision" of 'Guitar Player' magazine, up to a point, when GP ownership changed hands and then the newsletter was on it's own. It didn't last long after that, and instead of getting issue #15, I got an issue of Asia's 'Guitar Maker' magazine, which I was not impressed with. The 'String Instrument Craftsman' newsletter had been "absorbed" by 'Guitarmaker', but in order to continue getting the GM mag, you had to pay more money, which I wasn't willing to do.

I have all of them. I was broke when I first heard of it, in my early 20's. I couldn't afford a subscription, so what I did was write an article for the newsletter, which they paid me something like $36.00 for, and then I used that to buy the subscription and some of the back-issues, so I'd have them all. It sucked when it went out of business.

Those were the good old days, when you had to wait at least 2 months to learn any new info. The good thing about that was you could apply what you had already learned while waiting. I find internet info to leave so many "loose ends" on info, that it's a little too overwhelming. Plus "weeding through" the internet to find good info, oh man, that's quite a chore. I'm the guy always looking for answers that hardly anyone can give, or willing to give, so it's especially hard for me :D

But, maybe ' Guitar Player Repair guide' is like the bible of guitar repair.

Stew-Mac's 'Trade Secrets' is another 'must have'.

But, maybe ' Guitar Player Repair guide' is like the bible of guitar repair.

Stew-Mac's 'Trade Secrets' is another 'must have'.

Yes, I agree with that being one of the best repair books ever. I read it so much that the cover fell off, and all the pages are about to fall out also, but I still go back and read it regularly.

danbook.jpg

Could I get some donations to buy me a new one.. haha

You can fix that book. You need to use a thin coat of wood glue along the edge and glue a thin piece of cardboard there that will keep all the pages held together, the same as how the book was made in the first place. You could probably tape the cover back on too, like I had to do with my 'Groove Tube amp book '

They make guitar repair books like that on purpose, so you experiment with repair skills on the book itself.

You can fix that book. You need to use a thin coat of wood glue along the edge and glue a thin piece of cardboard there that will keep all the pages held together, the same as how the book was made in the first place. You could probably tape the cover back on too, like I had to do with my 'Groove Tube amp book '

They make guitar repair books like that on purpose, so you experiment with repair skills on the book itself.

haha.. but the only problem is that they didn't have a chapter on fixing broken books in it, plus I just chunked the cover in the trash when it fell off, so it's going to be hard to put the cover back on.. lol

I'll take that as a no on the donation... :D