Warmoth Necks

They don't level the frets, as far as I know. They are playable, if you are ok with factory standard string height . I have to assume that sometimes a neck of theirs leaves the factory with a fret that's too high for even standard string action, to be buzz-free. They have a pretty limited option for setting up a nut to be properly set-up from their factory. Nut action set-up is very critical for getting a neck playable.

There's also the issue of the neck mounting holes, and the neck to neck-pocket fit.

I would think that any prefab mailorder neck might need a bit of adjustment, since it's never actually been on a guitar before. I've never used Warmoth or USACG necks, so I can't say. I had a Carvin neck once, but never got around to using it. The Mighty Mite necks I've been using have so far all had problems with the high E buzzing at the first fret, so I replace the nuts on all of them.

Anyway, no matter what neck you buy or how much it costs, you'll probably still have some setup to do.

In my experiance they are fine.

Had a few probs with the nut, but thats due to the 12-60 gauge strings :D not through them being ****. I just put a nice long flat steel rule along the neck and i cant find any problems with the frets. Mmmmm.... stainless steel... Constant playing for 6 months or so and still not a mark on the damn things. ooooh yes.

:D

I am SOOOO happy to see the responses to this question!! The only problem I have EVER had with a Warmoth neck was the nut and the fret-level. The nuts are always high (I think on purpose) and you find the occasional fret that could have been touched up a bit. I suck on filing nuts because I go too far on the first file (always) so if you want to be safe, buy one extra nut, for like $4.00, and plan on using it as recieved! Their bodies are a differant story but that was not your question. :D