Neck

Is Honduran Mahogany a good strong neck material?

I have a Maple one made and was going to glue on the Mahogany wings but also have Mahogany neck laminated.

The guitar is so small in body mass ,I think it might be too bright in Maple.

The pickups I bought are a DiMarzio Virtual Vintage Blues S/Neck and Tone-Zone HB/Bridge.(Thanks Derek)

Thanks.

Just finished cutting neck(s).I got two out of it.

Routed the truss rod channels.I`m going to use one of these and the maple neck-thru and build two at the same time.One will be all mahogany and one maple and mahogany.I`m interested in seeing if there will be a difference in sound.

so what neck are u going to use on the little guitar? or are they both going to be the same shape? (that little tiny guitar shape)

and where did u get the pickups from? cause i see both of those on ebay alll the time.

so what neck are u going to use on the little guitar? or are they both going to be the same shape? (that little tiny guitar shape)

I was going to make both of them the same shape,but now that you say that....maybe the maple one I will make a little different,my own shape?Probably put a maple fingerboard

The Mahogany neck will get the Ebony fingerboard,5 pointed star inlays and my name in abalone (I have to inlay in the body being there is no headstock)

The pickups I ordered online from AMS(American Music Supply)

For #2 guitar I will probably take the pickups out of an old Westone Phoenix I have(crazy body shape).