Carnage

Marzocchi705

Carnage are a band that i manage and help record there songs, there only 14/15 years old, so im just helping them out. Anyway to the point of this thread, they put a video of them playing 'master of puppets' on google, id just thought id share it with you.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=20...83675&q=carnage

There guitars have serious tuning problems im sorting that after new year as i just dont have the time to do it just now. Youl notice the tuning gets worse through the performance.

What do you think of it on the whole?

Considering how young they are, they are pretty good. However, being a bass player, I noticed that the bassist didn't really know the song. But, to be fair, I only finally nailed the bass line of the song a few weeks ago, and I have been playing bass (and that song) for over 5 years.

Meh... Well, I'm 15 and I'm not exactly impressed...

and the singer is REALLY bad lolll!! If at least he sang on the note...

Anyways, i'd like to hear another song they do... Master of puppets is kinda... bad...

bah... at least they do have a band (wich I still don't :D so hard to find a bassist around here)

But I'm starting to work on a Pink Floyd tribute band :D

The singer doesn't need to be more metal, he needs to be better overall. Singing and playing guitar is tricky, which is why I'd rather have one job of being either the guitar player or the vocalist, and not doing two things at the same time. It's just easier on my part. Also, when you do sing live you're supposed to resemble the song as best as you can to the recorded version, and his timing isn't great in the littlest spots, that it throws the whole thing off. I think it's either because he's so pumped, or he's too nervous

That drum kit sounds like kleenex boxes with a tinfoil pie plate as the symbols lol

The guitar on clean sounds like nintendo tunes (not bad, I like that lol).

Not bad for 15 though. Just my two cents, and I know I sound like a negative bugger, but I guess that's why they call it criticism lol.

-Jamie

I love the drum kit :D

The recording, well, it blows, The sound quality is terible, its not mixed properly, and, yea, its not exactly the greatest, but, it gets them out there!

Curtis

Lmao, its not mixed at all, recorded on a webcam with a built in mic. CC (the drummer) snapped his top hi-hat earlyer.

Good on them for trying tho, at least im the one who sings seek and desroy...

I know what most of these bands are like... My school is littered with them... and they all play master of puppets that badly!

The singer shouldn't sing lol... I sing and play and while I don't have that great of a voice I at least (2 essential things) sing on the note and with the right rythm......

Anyways, as I said there's so many of guys at least as good as that out ther

You mean... kinda like Lars' kit on St. Anger?

Damn right. I haven't listened to that album, but I did like the single St. Anger, but man do those Diezel amps sound terrible along with that drum kit. That diezel sounded like a bad Solando.

The best thing about being 15 is you have the right to be crap lol.

-Jamie

OK I THINK THEY GET IT NOW :D Don't let it get to the stage where you guys are just ragging on them just because everyone else is :D

Just cooincidentally I actually listened to that video (or as much as I could bear) last night while I was killing time (which is good because it appears to have been taken down now), and singing aside, I have to say that the one thing that struck me about puppets was the timing of the song? Maybe they weren't falling dramatically out of time, but like someone else mentioned... I think they were trying to play it way too fast. Once I heard how fast they were playing the intro riff (and just holding it together), I had to laugh as I wondered how they would go moving onto the verse riff at the same speed B) It didn't work out too well in my opinion :D

Still, they may as well keep at it if they are having fun. I agree the singer is no good, but then again I have seen worse actually manage to get mic'ed up on a stage... so yeah.

I think the band deleted it. We will be posting a video of our gig (both there band and my own band), that we are doing on new years eve, i'll get that up as soon as possible.

Just so your not just knockin the band, you can laught at my 'skill' too here

(yes i am missing a string...)

Edited by Marzocchi705