Sentinel V Progress Thread

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I just vomited.

I think I'm about to do the same thing. Might be breakfast bothering me though.

Anyway.. You should go get your guitar and strip the paint off it then redo it clear. I don't know why you would want to paint such a pretty guitar anyway.

not gonna happen because of the binding

Uh, a small amount of sanding? If it's just paint it shouldn't be much of an issue at all. Now if you're trying to sand down a coat of nitro, paint, and a sealer coat, that would take hours. You don't want to use chemicals as they might melt the binding or cause them to separate, stick with a sanding block and some 100-120 grit sandpaper.

Uh, a small amount of sanding? If it's just paint it shouldn't be much of an issue at all. Now if you're trying to sand down a coat of nitro, paint, and a sealer coat, that would take hours. You don't want to use chemicals as they might melt the binding or cause them to separate, stick with a sanding block and some 100-120 grit sandpaper.

Exactly what i meant, I've had to do this numerous times when finishes got messed up or i needed to get paint off and protect the binding. As long as they are careful, there will be no harm to the guitar.

yeah, looks like we can do the trans on the black since it's going to be stripped.....someone didn't get the memo but apparently it was done in SILVERBURST on the weekend :D *pukes*

oh god...

How could they screw that up so badly?! Ugh. Well hopefully it gets corrected and the finish does the guitar justice.

yeah, looks like we can do the trans on the black since it's going to be stripped.....someone didn't get the memo but apparently it was done in SILVERBURST on the weekend :D *pukes*

oh god...

How could they screw that up so badly?! Ugh. Well hopefully it gets corrected and the finish does the guitar justice.

well what happened was we never went over the paint in specifics outside of "we'll talk about it later" and the CGI rendering I showed them

they saw it and thought it was silverburst; not in the sense of duct-tape colored silverburst now, but classic gibson silverburst (white/cream to silver then black)

the back though....my fault, i never went over that with them (assumed we were gonna go over paint when the time came, didnt think they would just straight to it)

only stepping stone now is price they want to do the strip and re-finish.....ugh

oh god...

well what happened was we never went over the paint in specifics outside of "we'll talk about it later" and the CGI rendering I showed them

they saw it and thought it was silverburst; not in the sense of duct-tape colored silverburst now, but classic gibson silverburst (white/cream to silver then black)

the back though....my fault, i never went over that with them (assumed we were gonna go over paint when the time came, didnt think they would just straight to it)

only stepping stone now is price they want to do the strip and re-finish.....ugh

You should not have to pay for their screw up. If you didn't ask them to do that, then they should, out of professional courtesy properly strip and refinish it for you with out charging you more.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...