Sentinel V Progress Thread

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You painted it? Nooo! It looked killer natural.

Why do people always say this?natural wood on unfigured mahogany just is the worst aesthetic cmbination ever...and solid paint can kick major ass.

I just went through all of the pics and I must say I really like what you have going on there...hope it comes out well.I also just noticed it is being done by shamray guitars.I always wondered about those.

You painted it? Nooo! It looked killer natural.

Why do people always say this?natural wood on unfigured mahogany just is the worst aesthetic cmbination ever...and solid paint can kick major ass.

I just went through all of the pics and I must say I really like what you have going on there...hope it comes out well.I also just noticed it is being done by shamray guitars.I always wondered about those.

haha, agreed. the mahogany on the back did look killer though, especially on the neck joint. but yeah, EVERYONE says that but solid colors can look great too, all depends on application.

That V looks sweet. I was never a big fan of V's in general until I got an old beater for my 30th birthday. I will post pics of it when I get it back home. I am a teacher and it is my "school guitar". I left it there when school broke up.

Again, sweet design. A nice nod to Dime. Well done.

Luke

:D

Sweet V design. Nice continuity with the angles (noting the V at the stem of the fretboard matching the body.)

I am the same way, I am only now learning to appreciate V's after playing / collecting guitars for over 5 years.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sick. That came out really great.

I think their painter could have done a little better, though. The burst doesn't follow the contours close to the neck, but follows the ones towards the back of the guitar, plus it appears that there's a slight overspray towards the back. I dig the silverburst idea--very '80s.

I think their painter could have done a little better, though. The burst doesn't follow the contours close to the neck

thats my fault. the guy i had do the rendering did that (no following of contours near neck). the painter just used the reference picture and did it as-is to what i submitted

it was afterward that i noticed this, but too late at that point to go "hey, start over and make sure the bursting follows better...." lol, it was already over schedule by several months! (and it woulda cost me....)