Designs...how To Draw?

HB pencil (not too keen on the Microsoft version; it keeps crashing, they keep trying to get me to get upgrades, and it's full of security holes..), ruler, full-sized paper.

Honestly, I cannot fathom working on designs on the PC, for the simple reason that I have to work full size to get a proper 'feel' for how the isntrument's going to look, the size, the proportions, whether it all feels 'right'. Working in reduced size just don't cut it for me.

I use a combonation of things, ill do my regular plans and section and elevations and what not in autocad, I generally use 2004 or 2005, 2006 sucks horribly. Then Ill plot out my drawing. If it is a custom design like the one im working on now I generally hang it on the wall and draw all over it with a pencil to make sure all the lines and curves are the way I want them, next step after that will be foam models to get a 3d feel then Ill go back scan my drawing in and finalize my cad drawing and plot it again. THis is one of the great advantages to being in Architecture school is I have all of these special tools, problem is I never have any time to use them.

MzI

Ps. We also have a huge CNC that ill be using this semester wooohhhoooo