How Hard Is It To Route A Guitar For A Floyd?

If you do not have a template and if you do not know how to measure the scale and position the template, then I'd suggest taking it to a shop and getting it done professionally, cause you'll ruin the guitar irreparibly.

wat he said.

seriously using a router isnt that hard, make urself a perspex or mdf templateand visit here for assistance with mesurements, or you u can get routing templates from stewmac also have a look here it may help with the positioning of the bridge

bridge locator

enter ur scale lenght and number of frets etc, this finds where ur studs will have to go relative to the nut.

luke

:D

yeah, ive used that fret/bridge calc a few times for my current build design

if i were to get him to help me do this, id obviously have a template and know where to put it, i was just wondering beyond the basic instructions how hard it is and how easy it is to **** the entire guitar up forever

wat he said.

seriously using a router isnt that hard, make urself a perspex or mdf templateand visit here for assistance with mesurements, or you u can get routing templates from stewmac also have a look here it may help with the positioning of the bridge

bridge locator

enter ur scale lenght and number of frets etc, this finds where ur studs will have to go relative to the nut.

luke

Would suggest you run your posts through a spelling check before you post next time. You might sound cool among your 12 year old friends, but on on here. :D

wat he said.

bridge locator

luke

Would suggest you run your posts through a spelling check before you post next time. You might sound cool among your 12 year old friends, but on on here. :D

Dont you have somthing better to do? My spelling normally isnt that bad, measurements, is one, the "templates and" and "length" most of these are missed keystrokes, a post knocked out quickly for the mailmans thread. You, on the other hand may want to consider your grammar.

FYI im not 12, i have just finished yr 12 (final year, with close to a 90% grade)

luke

:D

wat

urself

u

ur

I think these are what he was referring to. When you're using a mobile phone which charges by message length, saving 5 characters makes sense. When you're using an international web forum it's good manners to use proper spelling and punctuation, if nothing else it makes life easier for people who are not native english speakers. Quite frankly, if what you want to say is worth saying at all, it's worth the few extra keystrokes... OK?

Or, for an alternate viewpoint 'Prince is allowed to get away with that stuff. U R not' :D

fair enough i see where you're coming from, but it was a very quickly written post.

but, back on topic

if you measure well (measure twice cut once) then there should be no issue with the positioning, and if you make sure you have a centre line, and align templates etc to that, you should be laughing. use the bridge locator to find your stud positioning, then use the template either from stewmac or one you made from the FR website, then it is just a matter of routing, following the template, i have done this on my RG170 coverting to a OFR easy as pie.