Gibson Decals

I just want people to be like "o0o0o0o0 gibson explorer".

But in my head I'll be sad its not :D

You'd also be lying right to their face when they ask what kind of guitar it is.

Also, is there not a slight difference in the headstock design? I know there is with the Epi Les Pauls.

Not to mention that the epiphone gothic has a rosewood fretboard and a XII on the 12th fret, whereas the Gibson has a real ebony board and a moon and star on the 12th fret. And a picture of Gibson himself on the back of the headstock.

Theres ways of knowing its a fake. I really don't see why having the name is so important, seriously. I could care less if my guitars were a gibson, epiphone, fender or squire unless it was actually worth money. If I try a Gibson that costs 1200 bucks and it sounds like garbage, I'm not going to buy it. If I try an epiphone that costs 500 bucks and it sounds amazing, then I will buy it. I don't buy guitars based on brand.

-Jamie

Edited by sepultura999

Or you could just get some flat black paint and spray over the logo. Call it a "custom" or add your own logo or script. But don't call it a Gibson. It ain't right and you know it.

Besides, do you really want everyone to think it's a Gibson? I love my Gibson, but I leave it at home a lot and take the old Fender out to some gigs that aren't in the greatest places in town. When I do take it out, I have to watch it like a hawk because Gibson just screams "Steal Me!" If my $300 Strat disappears, I'd cry because it was my first, but losing the Lester would break my heart.

I'm with crafty on this one (his signature too).

Why not come up with your own headstock design --something you CAN be proud of?

No one else cares if it's a Gibson or not. The people who say 'oooh' when they see the Gibson name will be the same people who say :D:D when they find out you tried to fake it.

Besides, a word of warning about the decals you can buy--most of them are really poor fakes. Just some guy who bought some decal paper running them off on his ink jet machine. You can see instantly that they're fake.

im usually more impressed by performers that have the smaller brand guitars, because that makes me think they are working to make it sound good instead of a gibson which would always sound good

I've got a strat copy with a swamp ash body, kinman pickups and put an 'encore' logo on it. I love getting whispers/ sniggers from other bands when they think I'm playing a sub £100 guitar.

I love the look on their faces even more when they realise it sounds better than their fenders/squires :D

Be a monster player instead, then when your friends laugh at your Epiphone you can blow them off the stage with your chops.

They'll hate you for it. :D

EDIT: One of the Sunday jams I go to, there's this older (!) guy who always sits in. This week he had a beautiful white Epi Dot Studio. Last time he had some weird flame-paint-job thing I'd never heard of. Other times he's had a Squier Tele, Michael Kelly something or other, etc. He always has an amazing tone. It's not so much what you have, but what you do with it.