Devastator Bass Build!

• 3 weeks later...

that thing is awesome!

the paint job looks great and with the exception of the headstock, it looks exactly like jerry's bass!

i really think you should invest in a skull for headstock, just to keep it authentic :D

how much do you want for one? id seriously buy one of these if the price was right!

Edited by deadmike

AH WICKED!! I love it, A few things could have been done cleaner but all in all its on deadly bass

Good Work man

!!METAL MATT!! :D

• 2 weeks later...

So it looks like there's not really a neck pocket --it's more like a shelf, right?

Interesting...just what I needed to see for my own project --if that neck joint is strong enough for a bass, it'll easily be strong enough for a guitar.

Do you have a picture of the pocket/shelf without the neck installed?

• 8 months later...

i know that im resurrecting an old thread, but im an avid misfits fan and i was wondering what the length of the body is from where the neck bolts on to the space between the spider fangs are and if it would be possible if you could help me in my own construction of such a bass. if you'd be fine with that it is.

please drop me an email: trowa285@hotmail.com

thanks much,

Jordan :D

• 4 months later...
aawww that is awesome!!!!!! :D

im completely jealous, i was really hoping to build a devestator to go with my anni, but youve beaten me to it!

the shape is really spot on and looks just like jerry's.

i wouldnt have bothered with the pots, thats just me though, i mean, how much will you really use them? for me, having that higher tone and volume is worth the small walk over to the amp.

completetly kick ass, im going to use all your pictures when i come to build mine.

are you building a neck or buying one? if you find a good skull to put on the headstock do let us know where you got it!

i'm from germany and THIS:' http://www.emp.de/bin/shop.php?list_sort=&...207cd56bb5ef78b ' is a German Shop there's the skull but there's a guitar allreday in it xD

that looks awsome!

cant wait to see it finished!