Gibson V-factor New Century

Guitarfrenzy

Maybe it's just me, but that those and the SG like them couldn't be more fast and furious if they had stickers, racing stripes, and fart can mufflers. I wonder how they'll sell.

Of the new stuff coming from Gibson this year, I prefer the Les Paul Vixen over that. If they made it in pink, I'd get one for my daughter. I couldn't believe they made that thinner SG, as it's already a pretty light guitar, at least to me.

GBT

Maybe it's just me, but that those and the SG like them couldn't be more fast and furious if they had stickers, racing stripes, and fart can mufflers. I wonder how they'll sell.

Of the new stuff coming from Gibson this year, I prefer the Les Paul Vixen over that. If they made it in pink, I'd get one for my daughter. I couldn't believe they made that thinner SG, as it's already a pretty light guitar, at least to me.

GBT

It's just Gibson trying to be everything to everyone. Trying to be an upscale Daisy Rock and a competitor to ESP's top-of-the-line, which is silly considering ESP has ripped off them and everyone else when designing their instruments.

I like the new Vegas line, but again it looks like they're trying to copy Schecter, Fender's Robben Ford model, and even Languedoc--Trey Anastasio's guitar.

About the only guitar that impresses me is the Les Paul GT--and it's not because of the new colors. The high-pass filter, straplocks, coil-splits, and Neutrik jack are all common player's mods and should have been included a long time ago at least on the Studio. I'm a bit surprised they're making a big deal out of the dual-action truss rod, as I thought that was standard on all Gibson Les Pauls, but maybe not. They should really have the '59 and '60 neck options on it too. '50s is a bit chunky for me. Locking tuners are also completely unnecessary on that guitar, as well. Trying to be PRS, too?

i watched some movie on advertising once, they said schlitz nearly doubled their sales by advertising that they steam-cleaned their bottles, all the beer companies did, but schlitz actually advertised it, maybe thats the case here, they always haveused 2 way truss rods but to advertise it just ads something

Ok, hands up, who here wears Nikes? :D

But I read an interview with Gibson's CEO that their sales went way up once they started raising the prices on their guitars. And every time they raise the price, they sell more guitars.

I can believe that. The kids out there see that high dollar price on a guitar, and are convinced that it's better because of it. Then they bug their parents until they buy them one.. lol I'm not saying Gibson doesn't make high quality instruments, but that's the way marketing is and they are smart for capitalizing on it. It reminds me of what Howard Stern said one time when they asked him how it felt to be the King Of All Media. His reply was along these lines," we'll I noticed that Elvis declared himself as the King of Rock, everybody believed it, then Michael Jackson claimed he was the King of Pop, so I decided that I would claim to be the King Of All Media, and guess what, everyone believed me too." So, most of the time, a companies product is worth what they decide it is... lol

It reminds me of what Howard Stern said one time when they asked him how it felt to be the King Of All Media. His reply was along these lines," we'll I noticed that Elvis declared himself as the King of Rock, everybody believed it, then Michael Jackson claimed he was the King of Pop, so I decided that I would claim to be the King Of All Media, and guess what, everyone believed me too." So, most of the time, a companies product is worth what they decide it is... lol

It reminds me of what Howard Stern said one time when they asked him how it felt to be the King Of All Media. His reply was along these lines," we'll I noticed that Elvis declared himself as the King of Rock, everybody believed it, then Michael Jackson claimed he was the King of Pop, so I decided that I would claim to be the King Of All Media, and guess what, everyone believed me too." So, most of the time, a companies product is worth what they decide it is... lol

Wow, that was pretty much the single most intelligent thing I've heard outta that guy. :D

• 8 months later...