Doeringer, I like the color on that guy, and the headstock, and the body. I'm not a big neckthru fan but I do have a soft spot for this type of instrument. Do you have any full on front shots of the entire guitar? Those seem to be the toughest shots to get right. With some decent lighting and messing around those closeup/body 3/4 shots are pretty easy to get right, but I still haven't figured out how to get a really nice full front shot. Yours is my favorite one so far for sure.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott thanks, That is the problem, I have them but they dont look as good. I need to take a day or two and experiment with the techniques that you (and Godin) were using. I'm also part of the 4yr old digital camera club. If it is not one thing, it's a dozen things that I NEED to spend money on.

Speaking of money, you guys might get a kick out of this. A guy calling himself AtomicDeathMetal resoponded to one of my ebay ads saying he was laughing his A** off :D because he could build the cocobolo and mahogany guitar that I had advertised for $100. He sent it a couple of times until I told him I would pay him $200 to build it just so I could have it as a "reference"... haven't heard back from him. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Dammit!, another damn nice guitar to make my decision harder :D

I really dont know who to vote for this month

More so than most of these refinish or buit from parts you see going into GOTM

Most of the guitars this month are scratch built. As much as some people would like to put tons of restrictions on GOTM, the site was really started as a guitar modding site and so it seems the contest should reflect such.

peace,

russ

Mine was entered a few years ago. But I wasn't really happy with it at the time. This time its a total recarve (neck and body bevels) different pickguard and total refinish. To me its a different guitar now. It sure plays different! :D

Edited by Southpa

Dan, you really need to put this photo in your entry:

129.jpg

Really nice looking ...the bookmatched idea came out great, and I like the narrower headstock too.

WOW i didnt even know there was a thread discussing GOTM until just now !!....I dont expect any votes as i entered it very very late in the game....Ill add that pic of the headstock...i thought i had but i must have doubled up on a pic...thanks for the advice mate ;-)

Good luck everyone....yours all make mine look pretty poor...that green thing is very radical!

Dan

Dude the pic is there...its on the linked pics at the bottom of the post ;-)

Thanks mate . By the way....the guitar is christened "The pheasant"...

Now im not sure if you have pheasants in the states? its a game bird?..I built the guitar in the country in scotland....i had the two bookmatched pieces of wenge veneer sitting on the bench and a guy called billy walked in and said "Do you know what? for a minute i thought that was a pheasant feather sitting there"...hence the name.

there is also a bit of a tongue twister about being a "Pheasant plucker" ( pleasant ****er.)...and as you pluck guitar it makes me the Pheasant Plucker....man have i gone on a bit here? ok im going. ;-)