miniamp?

ComradeFletch

the idea to try and make a small amp out of some crappy walkman speakers came into the thinkbox the other day. now, i have no idea as to what rating the speakers are, but i currently have them, and a 250k push/pull pot doing nothing. does anybody have any ideas if i can make em into a smallish battery powered amp? and, i have a limited knowledge of amps, so speak slowly :D

I took one of the 9V Marsh*ll 'Micro Stacks' and re-housed it, upon the advice of an extremely well-respected luthier. He said, "Put it in one of those nice wood cigar boxes that the smoke shops throw away every day. Good tone if you can get some wood around it!"

After adding a 2nd speaker, and getting it into the cigar box, the thing sounds.......well, better than before. :-)

Maybe I need to quilt it.....

dude, i'm willing to build one of those XD.

i just found that the speaker that is mounted in my computer box (which is not mounted any more, actually) fits perfectly in a can when you take the top out (like brian did in his tutorial on waxing pickups). the point is I found the same ones on a shop for 1.57 euros each, what should be about 2 dollars or less, they are 8 ohms and 0.5 W and i´m willing to build one, and if i do i´ll write the tutorial for sure B)

however, i know little about electronics :D , maybe u people that now much could make a little circuit based on a tl071 or alike opamp that i could use....

this would be great, i would really thank any help .

Bye.

• 4 weeks later...

i have a little problem with the lm386 circuit that i hope you can help me with.

i just finished it in a predrilled board(don't know if that is the exact name) and i am powering it with a battery, but it picks A LOT of noise.

how can i solve this problem? maybe placing a filter at the input of the signal?

i would really thank any input. if it gets to work propperly i will make a tutorial :D

man, so much work into such a small thing. that is amazing. i love it. when you take something the size of a pop can or hair dryer or something like that, then plug a guitar into it, and then making it sound cool.

it's one of those things that you ask, "why," and then realize the answer is because there is no reason not to.

• 5 months later...

http://runoffgroove.com/littlegem.html

http://runoffgroove.com/ruby.html

i assume you mean this to be for a guitar.. so heres some links.

also you might want to try a lm380 as it is 2.5watts. as a higher input z and will do it cleaner with the same powersupply