2 New Strats Finished

Hi everyone! I'm very proud of the 2 new strats I recently finished. I'm very new to building/putting together my own guitars so bare that in mind when you see the photos.

The strat copy is an all maple Warmoth. Maple body, neck and fretboard. 5 pound body and a standard thin neck w/ the compound radius 10"-16" and 1-3/4 nut width and 6100 frets. Fender tuners, original Floyd, Yngwie bridge DiMarzio and 2 HS-3's in middle and neck.

The other is my version of the George Lynch ESP Kamikaze. Poplar body about 3 lbs and a USA Custom Guitar neck. 10"-16" radius, 1-3/4 nut, 6000 frets, Jackson profile (about .810 at the 12th fret). Mini Schaller tuners, Screamin' Demon Seymore Duncan and original floyd.

Hope you like them! Had fun making them and now playing them. Did everything myself, stain, paint, clear, set up, electronics.

Thanks for looking.

strat3small.JPGkamikaze1small.JPG

http://www.wolfegoaltending.com/guitars/stratocaster.html

http://www.wolfegoaltending.com/guitars/kamikaze.html

Very nice looking, the gold hardware/pickups on the strat are quite unique. I like the finish on both, especially the Kamikaze, as it is a bit different than other "Urban Camo" paints, and has a W on it (perhaps your initial?). Did you build these from kits or buy the body and neck? Nonetheless, they both look wonderful.

30762974_l.gifMAN THAT KAMIKAZE IS FLAT OUT WICKED 30762974_l.gif

!!METAL MATT!! :D

Thanks for the comments. I appreciate it. I really like the way they came out and am quite suprised that I was able to accomplish it by just reading articles and the boards and such.

The "W" is my last initial and it was put there by accident. I wanted something to fill the void of the Kamikaze photo on the Lynch model. I also didn't want to put the Kanji letting either so the compromise was the pseudo kanji W suggested by my buddy's girlfriend. I think that came out the best, and had the least preparation.

Funny, my girlfriend loves the strat copy and told me the Kamikaze was too metal and dated looking, but it seems like everyone else likes the Kamikazi better. I'm neutral myself because I love the traditional strat and have always wanted the Kamikaze but $3300 is an insane amount for that ESP IMO.

These were not kits btw, I just ordered certain parts here and there after I compiled a list of the things I wanted.

These 2 were made because of my old strat. This board really helped me with some repair problems on my old strat and since it went so well I decided I may have the ability and resources to do one myself. The rest is history. I'm thinking about 2 more in the next few years, but for now I really have my mind on a new USA Jackson Soloist. I've always loved that one and can now afford it LOL. Getting a monster deal on it for about $1400 brand new. The parts equal approx. $1375 without shipping, labor and tax. Seemed like an impossible deal to pass on.

Thanks again guys and keep the comments comin', I love to read them. - Bobby

"not bad, not bad at all! I'm not a big fan of 'bling' on guitars so I'm not a fan of the strat copy"

I have to agree with this...i really dont like gold full stop on guitars, people, girls, house decor, lexus car badges etc etc....its just too tarnished as the chav/pikey ( gypsey) culture here in the uk and looks cheap...id much prefer to see the strat with nickel or chrome hardware....saying all that...BOTH guitars regardless of my taste have a great pro look and top finish well done. The lynch "hair rock" era guitar made me come over all nostalgic....so much so ill be looking for some dokken re issues on ebay...for now ill have to make do with my cinderella and white lion cd's ;-)

Actually, the gold was also not my idea. the floyd was taken from a strat that was given to me along with the tuners. I thought that the Merlot color contrasted it the best of the choices I had narrowed it down to. If it were me I'd go with that classic cream strat with chrome hardware and white pickguard. Similar to the Yngwie strat pictured on that page. That could still be in the future, but I'm thinking of putting together a LP or possible a PRS type after I purchase the Jackson.