Strat Pickups

Sir_Lex

Hi there , new to the forums - Been hanging around and reading the posts for a while. And i've just decided to customise a strat I have its a non-descript thing but its a pretty good replica. Does anyone know of a good place online ( In U.K) where I can get some decent replacement pickups ( Preferably in gold ) - Also is there anything I need to know regarding the Ohm value dealio as I really don't know what I am doing, is it as simple as buying new Pickups and wiring them where the old ones used to be ? Any help would be greatly appriciated- :D

In gold? Only gold covers I've seen are shiny gold plastic. = cheap-looking. :D

Depending on how serious you are about upgrading, I'm very intrigued by (but haven't actually tried for myself yet) the Kinman pickups. They'll ship it to you with a solder-free harness. You just need to take the old electronics out of your old pickguard/output jack and drop the new ones in.

Greg

I recently got a set of Lace sensor pickups for my strat (red gold blue bridge to neck). And i have to say, i'm not impressed! wish i'd bought some duncans now *cries*

S

:D

Hmm, I'd have put the blue in the neck, since it's more of a PAF sound, but that's me. What didn't you like about them? I liked my lace pickups, and you can find used ones cheap, but I enjoy my EMG's more. I just picked up two more today (a white 81 and a Steve Lukather SLV from his signature model) for $85 for two projects I'm working on.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...

Red gold blue bridge to neck.... So... blue is in neck position :D:P

I like the blues alot to be honest, was just disappointed with the gold and red ones. Can't really describe why.. just like one of those things where you go euggghhh!

S

IMO a hot single coil kinda defets the purpose. I like my humbuckers hot, but my single coils nice and low output.

That's funny--I like it the other way around. And I'll usually turn both the singles and the humbuckers down on the guitar and turn the amp up... :D