Anyone Want A Paying Repair Job?

Hi guys.

Awhile back I posted about my lame attempt at repairing my setneck Epi LP. Here's a reminder link...

http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.ph...c=23484&hl=

Well, my repair isn't working out and after looking at some of the stuff you guys can do, I was wondering if one of you guys who actually know what you're doing (unlike me) would like to take this on for repair. I'll see if I can post some pics so you'll have a better idea of the mess I made... :D

If you're interested, we can do a PM thing and talk about money. Thanks gents.

Well, the pics went about as well as the last time... :D Here's the link from the last post... http://www.recordingproject.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=20755 pics are towards the bottom.

What say you gurus of the fretboard?

Edited by Keldog

Hmmm...I was afraid of that. What I was planning on doing was just lop off the head right below the crack on the neck itself and glue another head on. But I'm getting into the fretboard about an inch by doing that and wasn't sure if I've got the know how to remove a fretboard, AND get it set back up right. I HAVE read thru and looked at some of the pics and work you guys have done and I think I can but I don't want to end up having to do it again cuz I screwed something up....again.

This thing doesn't have alot of sentimental value, it WAS free, but I like the feel. If you guys don't think it'd be worth it, cool. Thought I'd ask. What's the worst I could do anyway, screw it up? :D

Anyway, thanks for your time and THANK YOU to whoever deleted my original quadruple post... :D

Peace...........Kel

Oh...and thanks Tony, the refinishing, I can do. The fixing part....welll, you saw my last attempt. haha

Edited by Keldog

I hate to say it but you probably made a larger repair bill for yourself by trying to fix it yourself.

Nah....whether you chop it at the nut or you chop it at the first fret, it's still one saw cut. :D

This thing needed fretboard removal from the beginning, a new scarf joint is the only way to go. If you're interested at all in building, this is the perfect instrument to practice on.

If all you're interested in is fixing the neck, you could buy a new Epi for the cost of the hours needed to fix this.

Buy an EPIPHONE replacement neck.

OK............. Got any idea where to find an Epi set neck replacement?

Thanks for your help guys. From what I could find in my search here and googling, it seems a scarf joint isn't a particular place on the neck but the cut itself. Is this right? Like cutting an angled cut instead of straight thru.

Anyway, I'm gonna browse thru here and glean from the pros.

Thanks again gentlemen.

:D

Buy an EPIPHONE replacement neck.

OK............. Got any idea where to find an Epi set neck replacement?

Thanks for your help guys. From what I could find in my search here and googling, it seems a scarf joint isn't a particular place on the neck but the cut itself. Is this right? Like cutting an angled cut instead of straight thru.

Anyway, I'm gonna browse thru here and glean from the pros.

Thanks again gentlemen.

:D

That's right. The angle is usually between 10/15 degrees. It's done that way as it avoids end to end gluing, gives a larger surface for gluing, and lets you use thinner wood stock for a neck