Finished My First Try

Hello, so i figured id try to build a cigarbox guitar out of some scraps i had in the shop. im in this thing 4.00 strinsg.

its a 4 string fretless. the freboard is IPE. the neck is Oak, with a core of bamboo to act as a wanan be truss rod. laughs, since bamboo is stronger in tension than steel. ( i work with bamboo a lot in building bows. we deal with tensions and conpression and a crap load of compermises in bowyer stuff. )

Anyhow the tuners came off a fender i had, never thought id ever haev a use for them. laughs. T his is a string through body.

the top and back are 35 year old laminated thin poser board or something of such.

the paint job orginaly was gonna be a desert camo, tan base, brown and black stripes. One should test all paint first. the black turned out to be blue. O well. The lightning bolt could of turned out better but all i had to cut it out was a dull exaxto knife. but it gives it some charater.

Im gonna start anouther one. and do a better job i hope. the bridge and the nut are corian, a friend gave me, funny thing about this is one day a rock looking this showed up at my door with no name or nothing just the cost of shipping. i tripped on this for a few hours trying to figure out who would send me a rock in the mail. later on i found out it was him. still not sure why :D

it aint pretty but its a sure is fun to play :D way more fun to play than my expesive guitars. maybe because i built it? or maybe i just dig the blusey sound.

here is a phot of her :

http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=23jomxe

well lets hope i do better next time. bows are much easier to build than instruments, or maybe its just easy cause thats what I know.

Chris.

Hi, Nathan. Naw i have no way to record. maybe later on. Its fun to play. But the more i read the more I realize how much i messed up on this thing. no one you are the only one who said something. I guess if you dont haev something nice to say dont say anyhing at all and taht would be 200+ people. I dont blame them a kid probably could of done better. But, we all have to start somewhere. I started anouther one this time im gonna go with just a box and see how it sounds compared to the V. Lets hope the next one turns out better and plays just as good. i dont mind constructive critisem. hammer away. im big boy. only way ill learn. Thx for the responce tho, least i know im not being ignored witch i thought for a day or two. Laughs.

Chris.

But the more i read the more I realize how much i messed up on this thing. no one you are the only one who said something. I guess if you dont haev something nice to say dont say anyhing at all and taht would be 200+ people. I dont blame them a kid probably could of done better. But, we all have to start somewhere. I started anouther one this time im gonna go with just a box and see how it sounds compared to the V. Lets hope the next one turns out better and plays just as good. i dont mind constructive critisem. hammer away. im big boy. only way ill learn. Thx for the responce tho, least i know im not being ignored witch i thought for a day or two.
Calm down.....don't be so hard on yourself. :D Sometimes people just miss posts. I think that your project looks pretty cool, I probably couldn't have done better. But you say that this could be better and you're making a new one. That's what building is all about, improving and making your own high quality instruments. Best of luck to you. :D