Floyd Rose

jtmullet

Hellow I am sorry I am doing this but this is a extenstion on my previous post about the 5150 project I am needing a fr and don't have the budget to spend between 250-300 dollars on one so does anyone know of any copies that are decent quality or if any one happens to have a old one lying around that they wouldn't mind selling.

Hellow I am sorry I am doing this but this is a extenstion on my previous post about the 5150 project I am needing a fr and don't have the budget to spend between 250-300 dollars on one so does anyone know of any copies that are decent quality or if any one happens to have a old one lying around that they wouldn't mind selling.

Check out guitarfetish.com they have super cheap licensed Floyd's there. ANd this is in the wrong section!

dont skimp on the trem... carvin has the cheapest i've seen around 179 ish.

http://www.carvin.com/products/single.php?ItemNumber=FR6C

If i had to get a cheaper one, the only thing i would get would be a shaller, the cheapo's will give you fits. A buddy had a knock off and on the first string up, 2 of the saddles cracked.

Dave

I agree, if you don't have the money for a quality unit, then don't build a Floyd-ed guitar, it will be an inferior instrument. Do you really want to spend all that time building an inferior guitar?

I wouldn't, I would only spend my time building a real quality product, something that was actually worth my time to build in the first place. :D

For starters, doesn't include the locking nut.

Guitarpartsdepot.com comes in cheaper at $179 but WITH the nut:

http://guitarpartsdepot.com/Merchant2/merc...d-Rose-Tremolos

EDIT: whoops, I'll keep the link there for posterity, but note that while the chrome is pictures, the $179 is actually for black.