Chrome Endpin Jack

sexybeast

I know it's just me, but putting a strap jack (man, that really sounds dirty) on an electric would just look funky. I prefer the added sense of safety (actual safety factor? probably nil) of plugging in my ol' 90 degree 1/4 inch and sticking the cord inbetween the guitar body and the strap.

Or wireless. I'd much desire wireless...

All the more reason to start buying rack equipment *drools*

just as a VERY aside comment, I've been drooling over this rack setup for a while.

http://jamesleemusic.net/pictures/5_big.jpg

I've been trying to persuade him to give it to me. You know, for free. In exchange for my XT Live. Thus far, no dice.

I try to use open jacks all the time. You know the type were you actually see the contacts. I appreciate the fact that you can simply just bend the contacts slightly to adjust them if they start to make bad contact (can’t find the right word right now…). That is impossible with those enclosed jacks.

And keep the XT Live.. Can’t see that the rack would add much except for a lot of weight to lug around. I’m sooo in love with my XT Live. I use it with an old Kitty Hawk German stereo 2x80W tube amp (talking about much weight…) and that is killer. :D

Oh, totally, I love my XT! I'd love it better with tubes :-x but that's another story, haha. And honestly that rack is far too complicated for me. Hence my affection with the XT Live, hooking it up to the computer and all, nice and simple.

I play mine through headphones, hahaha. I've got a Gibson L5 (BB King, anyone?), but playing it through the amp, even the effects return, just makes it sound... odd. Takes away from the crispness of the tone.

Luckily (read: unfortunately), I don't have to worry about playing out, so my headphone setup works fine for me.

i really like the look of those endpin jacks, but i would assume you can't use straplocks with them, and i prefer straplocks. or am i missing an obvious way around this problem?? :D

cheers

darren

playing it through the amp, even the effects return, just makes it sound... odd. Takes away from the crispness of the tone.

I know this is sooo of topic, but anyway. Do you switch output mode to match the pwramp input mode? That makes a lot of difference.

Yeah, I did, tried it on a few different settings. I dunno, the amp is pretty beat up, it's from '83 and has been around several different owners. I know it's the amp; I've heard it played through a couple different sources, which is fine for me. I like my headphones, and whenever I play out, I'll plug into the PA.

But yeah, straplocks on a guitar with a strapjack? You could add a second strap on the back, but if that's the case, you might as well just use a regular jack :D

What is the deal with two straps on the butt of the guitar, anyway? Extra stability? Now that I think about it, my strap has two holes on the end...

• 1 year later...
i really like the look of those endpin jacks, but i would assume you can't use straplocks with them, and i prefer straplocks. or am i missing an obvious way around this problem?? :D

cheers

darren

You just have to put a strap lock pin on the neck end of the body...the endpin jack will hold the other end of your strap in place--especially when you plug it in. I have never heard of anyone dropping their axe with an endpin jack. **if** the strap were to come off the pin, you have the cord for it to hang up on.

Hope this helps

Brian