Inlay Lettering

topper

Why do you want it CNC'd - are you looking for a large quantity or is it just an accuracy thing ?

Just on a side not i'm pretty sure shell doesn't like laser cutting.

Jem :D

Hi Batfink, i can do inlay if it's a picture, but i find that when i try to cut letters by hand my eyes are just not happy with what they see. I have no probs with getting them cut with cnc, i dont now where.

Check your local Trophy and Awards shops, almost all have in house laser engravers. They work with inexpensive pcv sheet materials that come in a wide range of colors and designs. They can cut from your file, definitly worth a look. -Vinny out

Hi Topper,

I know where you're going ref lettering - if it's a square'ish font it can be tricky to get it looking square if you see what i mean.

Top inlay guy i know in the UK is Mike Read at Smallwonder - google smallwonder and there he is. He does work for most of the UK's top flight builders and is a real nice guy to deal with and his work is spot on to boot !

Jem :D

I was in the engravers shop this week and talked with him about inlays for my headstocks. The thickness of his materials are fairly thin and wont work for cutting out shapes or letters. I described the 1/8'' thick simulated pearloid I had bought with inlays cut in it. He felt the laser could cut it after a few tries to get the setting right. I'll be stopping back with a sample sheet from the plastics supplier for him to cut out my logos. Will keep you updated on how well it goes. -Vinny

Edited by Vinny